LaSalle Achieve Fall 2013 - page 3
by MakingItReality 18,131 Views | 186 Comments
For years, I was reluctant to apply to LaSalle while finishing my pre-reqs at CCP. I guess I was intimidated, countless people told me to apply...but I put it off, fearing rejection. May 2012, I finally applied…studied for the... Read More
- 0Mar 12, '13 by HeatherLAshley_nicole,
They do a group info session and then they will call each of you individually into the office to "interview you" I remember being asked why I wanted to be a nurse etc. A bit of advice: Dress professionally ( not a suit, but not jeans) bring perhaps a resume and maybe a cover letter. This might help you stand out bit and show your seriousness. You have to stay on top of them, but in general you should be in. They will not say congrats you are excepted, but will tell you that final decisions will be made by early May/end of April and you will get a letter in the mail.
I was terrified I didnt get in. My science GPA was 3.75 and NLN was 137. (I got accepted without a problem)
- 0Mar 12, '13 by HeatherLI almost forgot!
Don’t worry about all of your clearances being done before the interview! Once you are accepted, you have to register with a website designated by LaSalle and they have to get all of the clearances over the summer before you start in the fall. A word of advice: the child abuse clearance takes about 6 weeks so def request that at the beginning of the summer (May time). Also you will need an up to date PPD, physical and will need medical insurance or insurance through the school. So you might want to start to think about that now so you are not running around all summer! ( La Salle provides the forms once you are accepted)
- 0Mar 14, '13 by Angie-Babyok, I'm so confused right now. I have a 3.48 overall GPA, a 3.67 science GPA and I didn't get into the university. I know I got a 126 on the NLN but I thought I'd still get in. I know people who didn't even meet the required GPA or got lower scores on the NLN and still got in. What's the problem? When you looked into LaSalle, did anyone else find any other part time programs where I could still work full-time?
- 0Mar 14, '13 by MakingItRealityHi Angie-Baby...
I'm so sorry to hear that you did not get into LaSalle. When searching for programs I looked at Neumann, they have (in 2012) an evening program. I don't know how it compares to LaSalle but I guess it's worth a look...and Cedar Crest College has one (but it's in Allentown).
- 0Mar 15, '13 by LadyFree28Quote from Angie-Baby(HUGS) is there a chance you are able to get into the Spring session at Bucks???ok, I'm so confused right now. I have a 3.48 overall GPA, a 3.67 science GPA and I didn't get into the university. I know I got a 126 on the NLN but I thought I'd still get in. I know people who didn't even meet the required GPA or got lower scores on the NLN and still got in. What's the problem? When you looked into LaSalle, did anyone else find any other part time programs where I could still work full-time?
As far as other applicants, the reality is that nursing programs, such as LaSalle, and others, look at the "whole package"as well as have a mix of applicants that they choose to select in a program.
Please reach out to Holy Family, Neumann, Villanova, and I think Drexel have a part time program as well...Check out West Chest as well.
This may be a setback, however take it as determination to achieve your goal. I has to wait TWO years to get into this program, by other unforeseen setbacks...they saw this as a plus, and I am an alumni. It will happen!
- 0May 6, '13 by ashley_nicoleSooo I just got my acceptance letter! It's a pending acceptance though. Apparently I didn't get a sufficient score on the math part of the NLN. So to be fully accepted I'd have to pay for and retake the test over again, which is something I do NOT want to do. I live 2 hours away and taking off work during the week isn't really in the cards for me. Plus I got accepted somewhere else too. So it's all up in the air for me.
So just a heads up if anyone else hasn't gotten a letter yet. It should be around soon!!
Good luck to everyone!!