How dressy in PA for interview?
- 0Aug 7, '07 by luv2yogaI have my first new grad interview at Lehigh Valley -- and I just moved here (from Louisiana!) so I am unsure how to dress for it. In the South, my classmates were wearing nice dress pants with a button-down shirt but not a suit. Is it more dressy here or about the same?
- 1,535 Visits
- 0Aug 15, '07 by David's HarpQuote from Nursegrrl8I'm going to third this, go with the suit. One of the best pieces of advice I've gotten is to have a set business-formal "interview uniform" that you wear to all of them, of course dry-cleaning as necessary. Cuts out the indecision alrogether.agreed. I would only wear a suit.
- 0Aug 16, '07 by luv2yogaI had my interview yesterday and I didn't go with the suit. Glad I didn't, I was the most dressy person there (group interview), even more than the recruiter. I was a little surprised at how casual some folks chose to be, but hey, I'm not judging. They may still get the job and that's cool.
- 0Oct 7, '07 by Brian FMeridithT, I agree... I work at Lehigh Valley Hospital and I wore dress pants with a shirt and tie (I am a guy). I did not wear a jacket and that was fine. Most of the girls I interviewed with wore a long dress or nice pants and button down shirt as you described. I got the job. They look to see if you are neatly dressed, not what you wore nd they take more imopact on your mannerism and how you are able to interact with others during the interview. Dress is important, but as long as it is nice and clean its cool! Good luck! was that your first one? If they call to set up a second one...chances are you got the job (usually). Let me know how you make out! What did you apply for?
- 0Aug 10, '12 by ql12Hi, can you share your experience in the group interview? I just scheduled for the first group interview on Aug 27. Can you share the type of questions they asked. How long was the interview and what they are looking for in the first round. Anything will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the advice.