Help: Licensure by Endorsement/Temporary Practice PermitRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Help: Licensure by Endorsement/Temporary Practice Permit in Pennsylvania Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hi Everybody. I'm an LPN from Ohio, and I found a prospective employer in PA. They seem very...by ionatan Aug 6, '11Hi Everybody.
I'm an LPN from Ohio, and I found a prospective employer in PA. They seem very interested. I submitted my application for licensure by endorsment and a temporary practice permit. I was just wondering how long it usually takes to get your Temporary Practice Permit if anybody knows. This employer is asking me when I can start, and I don't know what to tell them except that it depends on the board in PA.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=601511©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,931 Views
- Aug 7, '11 by NRSKarenRNTemporary practice permit usuallyavailable in 2 weeks.
As soon as you see your name at BON website, facility can printout form as proof of licensure verification and copy your license upon receipt.
- Aug 7, '11 by Not_A_Hat_PersonI was under the impression that a Temporary Practice Permit was for new grads who hadn't yet passed their boards. Do you need to get a Temporary Practice Permit if you're already licensed elsewhere? About how long does endorsement take?
- New grads in PA also work under a TPP. However, I'm unsure how long licensure by endorsement takes, but they do let you apply for both in one application. If you want a TPP, you have to be licensed in another state, and you also have to apply for licensure by endorsement. The application and instructions are on the PA Board of Nursing website.
- BTW, the TPP is good for one year until the nurse is approved or denied a permanent license in PA, and the only way you may apply for one (as an out of state nurse) is if you also apply for permanent licensure with PA...I just assumed the process for permanent licensure might take a good while since they offer a TPP in the same application. For my situation, I don't want to take any risks since I have an interested employer.
- Aug 9, '11 by ionatanWow! I sent my stuff in last week on Thursday. They probably just received everything at the BON in PA today, and my TPP is already active online! I was not expecting it to be that quick! Is that even 1 business day? Nope. I guess somebody working at the PA BON is efficient.