Genesis Healthcare - PARegister Today!
- by ecf1972 Apr 16, '12I am graduating from a 2 year program in just a few weeks. I am starting my job search (later than I had planned) but am looking to see if anyone has had any experience with Genesis Healthcare. I had a pretty bad experience doing my long term care rotation and really had no desire to work in a nursing home or anything along those lines. However, I do realize that I am most likely NOT going to get a position on a hospital floor right out of the gate. From what I can see, Genesis looks like it's a step or two above other facilities but just wanted to see if anyone had any input.
Thanks in advance.
- Apr 21, '12 by michelle126It really is going to depend on what facility it is? Isn't Genesis a big company?
- Apr 22, '12 by Havin' A Party!Heard many negative comments from previous staff.
- Apr 26, '12 by Eric CartmanI have no experience with this company, but only heard rumored stories about how they are not great to work for. I had a job interview with them at one point in time last year. When the nurse manager asked me when I could interview, I stated any day except for Monday and Thursday afternoons, between 11am - 3pm (the office I worked at had clinical rotations during that time and I needed to be in to help out). Needless to say, I was offered an interview on a Monday at 1pm, on the Friday prior. By the time I got the message that Friday, I called to reschedule, but the manager had already left. I had to call to cancel my interview on the day of, which looks quite bad and never rescheduled an interview. I got a bad impression from the get go, but I have a feeling that since it is such a large company, some locations are probably great, while others, not so great.
- Oct 2, '12 by trinigrl78I worked there for a few months and went right back to the hospital setting. The facility I was at nurses were unprofessional aides, those in leadership have a mentality of if you don't adhere to the status quo you're out. I just didn't want to be a part of that not all of them are like that but many are. Work is hard to come by do what you can get some experience and move on when you can.