Drexel' s ACE program - Page 5Register Today!
- Sep 12, '06 by Proverbs 16:3Quote from RowerPSU13yikes, i live 2 blocks from hahnemann. the student housing is between broad and 15 and i'm between 13 and 12.... somewhere there... i can't specify but my rent is 397.50. only thing is i found someone in the IMS program here in center city to share the 2 bedroom house with... but look around, i'm sure there are other places here that are cheaper... you can find a 2 similar houses for different prices in center city although they are right by each other. for example, i looked at 2 bedroom on the 3rd flr at 18th and callowhill for 1100 and i got a 2 bedroom house with a baseemnt and much bigger bedrooms than that one for 795.. so shop aroundHey everyone!
I applied for the student housing which is across the vine street expwy from the hospital in center city. housing said i would hear sometime in June if i was given a spot, there are 1,2,3 bedroom apartments available. I think it comes out to about 1000 a month including utilities. If i dont get this housing I will fine something close using craigs list or the list on the housing website- anyone else have similar plans?
Let me know if anyone wants to chat about starting in september!
- Sep 12, '06 by Proverbs 16:3Quote from laydirainmost of the books are a complete waste. books for N100 are not worth buying. besides, everybook you need, drexel has it at hahnemann library. they have multiple copies of some books. don't waste your money buying the apa manual and all the useless stuff. get the text for N200 and N201 with the lab manual cuz u'll need that, 200 tends to be the class where ppl fail but try to get a book like test success to help you understand how they set the ?s. Oh, and you'll need the care plan book although in all honesty, you can borrow it from hahnemann library but if you are like me who does the care plan at 12midnight for clinical the next day, you might need you own copy. usually, some books at the library is overnight, which means you can take it home after 4pm and bring it back the next day or if its a friday, return it on monday. the thing that sux here is that they make you buy books you would not need.hello
im starting in the fall of 06. went and got my uniforms and books. there's a lot of books. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there were any you didn't use. thanks
I had 6 books listed for N300 that were required in addition to 2 recommended. to tell you the truth, only one was needed for the class, and then the care plan book i needed one time but i worked in an ortho ward so we kept resubmitting the care plan with little changes.
good luck in the program
- Oct 3, '06 by mek247I currently applied to the Drexel Ace program and the only prereq that I am missing is anatomy and physiology. Will they accept you with out these pre reqs as long as you have made arrangements to take them at drexel or somewhere else?
- Oct 4, '06 by LUNISEThey do provisionally acceptance meaning you have to complete the pre-reqs before the first day of school.
- Oct 9, '06 by slou!Hi everyone, sorry for my ignorance but what is the ACE program? How long is it? I'm in a Nursing major at a 4 year school, and I plan on continuing with it but I was just curious as to what this program is. Thanks!
- Oct 12, '06 by NRSKarenRNit is a full time baccalaureate nursing program at drexel university, phila. pa for those who have already earned a bachelors degree in another field and are interested in changing careers. very intense program with computerized learning + testing/pda use provided in 11 month program. work discouraged due to study/prep time needed for classes. prerequisites must be completed prior to starting program.
see: 10 essential questions about the ace program
- Jan 25, '07 by amywhit21I'm starting the program in September '07... does anyone have any suggestions about places to live and any other advice. Also... does Drexel accept a 3 credit nutrition class or do we have to have a lab?
- Jan 26, '07 by Proverbs 16:3drexel accepts a 3 crdt nutrition. it just xfers as a 4credit that's all. also u can live in center city which is pretty close to hahnemann. at least i do and you may find cheap rent. mine is close to 400/month it's a 2bed trinity and i'm sure u can find something for a little less. my roommate gets done in june this year and i still have year to go which sux. good luck in the prgm
- Jan 26, '07 by amywhit21Thanks so much for the info! 400 isnt bad at all. Good luck with the rest of your studies!
- Feb 7, '07 by 3TriagesWaht is the average age of the students in the ACE program? Also, are there a lot of students from out of town?