Last SUnday, COncordia Lutheran in Cabot, PA suffered a major loss in a fire. The first alarm went in at approx 11:30 am. The only staff in the building were from the kitchen, 5 in number, who alerted all 137 residents, helped assist them to safety. Most of the residents were on the first floor at church, yet they went door to door to alert the ones who remained until EMS first responders and other staff from other building were on scene.There was no panic, complete order in evacuation. These 5 kitchen staff need to be commended for quick action, and even though the building was a total loss, no injuries or loss of life occured. They knew the alarm was real only after going to the third floor and seeing smoke.
Community helped poured in from every area, donations of food and water for the brave firefighters, help in the way of EMS personnel.
God bless each and every person who helped avert a potential disaster
and WAY TO GO Kitchen staffers!!!!