Citizens school of nursing?
- 0Aug 13, '11 by jlpsuAnyone know anything about this school? Reputation? Quality? I'm thinking of applying as it's affiliated with WPAHS but I don't know much about it.
The NCLEX pass rates seem comparable to the other programs I am thinking of applying to; Mercy school of nursing and Westmoreland County CC.
Any thoughts on Citizens or an of the above would be welcome!
- 1,145 Visits
- 0Aug 18, '11 by jlpsu@nurse2b013...thanks for the info! I was actually sitting here reading the Citizens brochure when your post came through, lol! I actually started today too at WCCC for my co-req's...AP I and Microbiology! :-)
I will be applying to Mercy and WCCC and I have already applied to Citizens. They do rolling admission so when they are full, they are full. So I applied in August of this year for August of next year! I take the PSB entrance exam for Mercy tomorrow. Then, hopefully, I'll get into all three and my biggest problem will be deciding where to go!
I'd love to hear how you like the WCCC program in a few months....
- 0Aug 18, '11 by nurse2b013Good luck with your classes! Do you go to the Youngwood campus? I'm at their Indiana center. I'd be happy to let you know how I like it later on. This is my 1st semester in the actual nursing program. I'll be done May 2013.
I hope you do well on the entrance exam! I know for WCCC, the deadline to apply is in January, and the NLN PAX is sometime in February. I'd be happy to help you out with anymore questions you may have about the WCCC admission process/program!
- 0Aug 18, '11 by jlpsuThanks so much! I'll be sure to take you up on that! I am in the Youngwood campus, which is a pain because I actually live about 2 minutes from a campus of CCAC - but since I live in Westmoreland I actually drive about 40 minutes to get there. But it's still pretty convenient. I liked both of my teachers today so I think it will be a good semester. I plan on applying by January to WCCC as well...
I wish it were next year already - I'm ready to GO! lol!
Thanks again for being so nice. It's much nicer over here in the student section than in the general nursing board where you get your head bit off for every other reason!
- 0May 11, '12 by bieralynnWhat did you guys do for the personal comments for the application at citizens? It states why I want to be a nurse, my future goals, and special reasons for going to citizens. Did you guys type up an essay or just write it on the paper supplied. Also, how long did you make it?
- 0May 12, '12 by nurse2be13Quote from bieralynnI answered the questions in an essay format. It was a full page long. HTHWhat did you guys do for the personal comments for the application at citizens? It states why I want to be a nurse, my future goals, and special reasons for going to citizens. Did you guys type up an essay or just write it on the paper supplied. Also, how long did you make it?