Citizens school of nursing?Register Today!
- by jlpsu Aug 13, '11Anyone know anything about this school? Reputation? Quality? I'm thinking of applying as it's affiliated with WPAHS but I don't know much about it.
The NCLEX pass rates seem comparable to the other programs I am thinking of applying to; Mercy school of nursing and Westmoreland County CC.
Any thoughts on Citizens or an of the above would be welcome!
- Aug 13, '11 by juzmeIs this an LPN program? Maybe ask to sit in for a few classes or so....my friend said she wished she would of for her RN program before she enrolled!
- Aug 13, '11 by jlpsuNo, this is for their RN program. Did your friend go to Citizens?
- Aug 18, '11 by nurse2b013I have a friend who just graduated from Citizens in May or June. She said she really liked it! She passed her NCLEX first try and had a job immediately after graduating.
I'm currently in the WCCC program. Today was my first day actually.
Good luck with your decision!!!
- Aug 18, '11 by jlpsu@nurse2b013...thanks for the info! I was actually sitting here reading the Citizens brochure when your post came through, lol! I actually started today too at WCCC for my co-req's...AP I and Microbiology! :-)
I will be applying to Mercy and WCCC and I have already applied to Citizens. They do rolling admission so when they are full, they are full. So I applied in August of this year for August of next year! I take the PSB entrance exam for Mercy tomorrow. Then, hopefully, I'll get into all three and my biggest problem will be deciding where to go!
I'd love to hear how you like the WCCC program in a few months....
- Aug 18, '11 by nurse2b013Good luck with your classes! Do you go to the Youngwood campus? I'm at their Indiana center. I'd be happy to let you know how I like it later on. This is my 1st semester in the actual nursing program. I'll be done May 2013.
I hope you do well on the entrance exam! I know for WCCC, the deadline to apply is in January, and the NLN PAX is sometime in February. I'd be happy to help you out with anymore questions you may have about the WCCC admission process/program!
- Aug 18, '11 by jlpsuThanks so much! I'll be sure to take you up on that! I am in the Youngwood campus, which is a pain because I actually live about 2 minutes from a campus of CCAC - but since I live in Westmoreland I actually drive about 40 minutes to get there. But it's still pretty convenient. I liked both of my teachers today so I think it will be a good semester. I plan on applying by January to WCCC as well...
I wish it were next year already - I'm ready to GO! lol!
Thanks again for being so nice. It's much nicer over here in the student section than in the general nursing board where you get your head bit off for every other reason!
- May 11, '12 by bieralynnWhat did you guys do for the personal comments for the application at citizens? It states why I want to be a nurse, my future goals, and special reasons for going to citizens. Did you guys type up an essay or just write it on the paper supplied. Also, how long did you make it?
- May 12, '12 by nurse2be13Quote from bieralynnI answered the questions in an essay format. It was a full page long. HTHWhat did you guys do for the personal comments for the application at citizens? It states why I want to be a nurse, my future goals, and special reasons for going to citizens. Did you guys type up an essay or just write it on the paper supplied. Also, how long did you make it?