CHOP Pipeline Interview DaysRegister Today!
- by AlyssaAnn Jul 24, '11Hey everyone. I'm a new a grad RN for May 2011 and I'm really interested in working for CHOP - its basically my dream job. I spoke to a recruiter at a job fair back in April and was put on a list for their RN Pipeline Interview Days, which were originally supposed to be next week but are now moved to September.
The thing is though, I'm not really sure much about what these days entail and there isn't a ton of info out there about them. Are all prospective new grads invited to these interview days? If anyone who works at CHOP or has been through this process could provide me with anything you know about it, I'd really appreciate it!
- Sep 11, '11 by PandamoniumFirst there is a conference call where you can ask questions and hear about what CHOP looks for in their prospective new grad RNs including their nurse residency. Then, a month or two later there are interview days where you meet with HR, leadership on a unit you may be interested in working on, and do four hours of shadowing an RN.
- Sep 12, '11 by AlyssaAnnThanks for that info Pandmonium! Just scheduled my initial HR interview day for the end of the month
- Nov 15, '11 by KKS87Hey AlyssaAnn!! Did you interview at the end of September for the pipeline interview day?..and are you now working in the NICU at CHOP? I interviewed at the end of Sept and had gotten a second interview for the NICU. However, they kept rescheduling my second interview day due the unavailability of the nurse manager of the unit. Now, they have offered me a full time/ temp. position form Dec-May in their outpatient ambulatory care clinics.
- Dec 1, '11 by OneDayAttaTimeThe six month full time/temp positions seems to be what CHOP is moving to as far as new grads now. Few units here hire new grads anyway (though the NICU is one of them) and I guess this is at least a way for you to get some experience as many managers (not just at CHOP) are more willing to hire a BSN with 6 months experience than one with no experience at all.
From what I've seen "most" of the new grads that actually are hired directly into RN positions either work here already as something else (SNA, tech, etc.), are doing or have done a nursing co-op here (i.e. Drexel students), or completed CHOP's Summer Nurse Extern program.
Good luck to you!
- Jan 18, '12 by lamorris03Hi I graduated in May 2011 with an ADN and have been job searching with no luck. I have been invited to the pipeline interviews next week and was wondering what it is like? What can I expect? While job searching I am applying to Drexel and a few other schools to complete my BSN. Am I wasting my time with CHOP? Arent' they Magnet now and only hiring BSNs? I am so discouraged, as so many of us are. Any help/suggestions would be apprectiated! Thanks!
- Jan 18, '12 by OneDayAttaTimeQuote from lamorris03GO!Hi I graduated in May 2011 with an ADN and have been job searching with no luck. I have been invited to the pipeline interviews next week and was wondering what it is like? What can I expect? While job searching I am applying to Drexel and a few other schools to complete my BSN. Am I wasting my time with CHOP? Arent' they Magnet now and only hiring BSNs? I am so discouraged, as so many of us are. Any help/suggestions would be apprectiated! Thanks!
Yes CHOP is magnet and yes they prefer BSNs but they also knew that you were an ADN candidate from your resume/profile--and that didn't stop them from inviting you!! CHOP gets a gillion applications every day and some people never get to set foot on campus--you've been offerred the opportunity--go and sell yourself! The fact that you are continuing on to complete your BSN works in your favor--they like to see that.
- Jan 19, '12 by RachRN19Hi Everyone!!
I am also a new grad from May 2011 and the reason I became a nurse was to one day work at CHOP! It is my lifelong dream and after MONTHS and MONTHS of networking and applying for positions, I finally received an invite to the pipeline interviews next week! I was wondering if those who participated in previous pipelines and who are now employed with CHOP have any advice to offer to relieve some of my anxiety I have been dreaming of this day for months, and I know theres going to be about 56 other candidates there throughout the day! I really want to make a lasting impression and prove myself to the talent team and nurse recruiters in order to get a second interview offer. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!! THANK YOU SO MUCH =)
- Sep 28, '12 by mtempleHello,
I am new to this site so bare with me. I am currently in a Second Degree BSN program through Penn State University. I recently applied to CHOP for a NICU position. I had a phone interview today and I felt all went well. The lady I talked to said that she would relay the info to the NICU nurses and then they would be getting back in touch with me. She said that they would most likely be looking to set up an interview for closer to December since that is when I am graduating. Does anyone have any similar experience... am I getting my hopes up for no good reason? I really want this dream job however I am getting job offers elsewhere and want to make sure that I am holding off for good reason! HELP
- Oct 21, '12 by iridium54::Bump:: Can anyone else offer any info about the New RN Talent Pool Interview?