CCAC Spring 2013 hopefuls! - Page 17Register Today!
- Nov 6, '12 by PghGirl7Quote from nguyencsThat's where I was going to apply if I was denied. Apps are due in June & they start in October.Give Heritage Valley Sewickley School of Nursing a try. 2.5gpa with ap1, ap2, and micro either completed or in progressed. That's where I'm hoping to go if I don't get into ccac. Still waiting for my letter here in Friendship area.
Heritage Valley Sewickley School of Nursing
- Nov 6, '12 by nguyencsGot my letter. Didn't get in because my first and second choice was filled with applicants with higher total score. Oh well. I am taking Micro, human development, and pharmacology in the spring. I think it would allow me to be better prepared anyways.
- Nov 6, '12 by babser
- Nov 6, '12 by nguyencsQuote from babserContact:Are they flexible enough that you can work full time? I still have to work FT (three 12 hr shifts a week). That's why I'm also looking into Shadyside's PT program (2 nights a week and every other weekend). It would be 3 yrs since the first yrs courses are done. I figure with the way CCAC is going, I would prob graduate at the same time this way.
She works for the Registrar and has been answering my questions.
- Nov 6, '12 by babserSo I can sum this all up:
For those of you accepted, what was your GPA and did you have all of the sciences done? That way I, and others, can see what we need to accomplish in order to be accepted.
- Nov 6, '12 by laxbam7I also got a rejection letter. I am pretty upset too. I have everything completed! It's not fair that they accept people who do not have A&P1/2 and micro et cetera in versus US that do.
- Nov 6, '12 by beans1019my GPA is a 3.89. I'm in A&P 2 right now and I had A's in A&P 1 and Micro. I didn't get in last time around but that's because I was taking those 2 courses at the time. I wasn't sure if I was going to get in because I'm still in A&P 2 right now but my GPA must have been high enough. A lot of people I know who didn't get in for fall '12 ended up going to Mercy School of Nursing. So far everyone loves it. My neighbor is a graduate from that program from many years ago and she loved it as well. I had thought about it but being in Rostraver, it was quite a haul for me, especially when I have my son in school and my husband leaves for work at 6:30am.
Better luck next time. Also might want to try Penn State. While waiting for my letter I almost called to make an appointment to speak with someone there. I have another friend who's a CRNP and did all her schooling there.
- Nov 6, '12 by PghGirl7I currently hold a 3.8 GPA and I have Micro completed (got a B that ruined my 4.0). I'm currently in AP1. I am also a part of Allegheny campus's RN Achievement Program (which has guaranteed spots, but not all students in the program get in). After this semester, I have AP2, PSY 108 & a humanities class left, which I plan to take over the summer in '13.
I wish you guys luck next time around or at a different school