Applied or accepted to Drexel ACE BSN Spring 2012? - Page 2Register Today!
- May 3, '11 by lostinthesauceQuote from aba1988There's an info session for the ACE program on May 24th at 6pm. There's also a webinar on July 5th.I just found out I was accepted as well. I really don't know anything about the program and their website information is kind of limited. Are there any current students that can share their experience? Thanks!
- May 4, '11 by curiosity123See post number 92 by "August Rain" on this thread. Lots of info about the ACE program.
- May 7, '11 by klinden1hey guys,
congrats on getting accepted. I just applied today for the program beginning spring 2012. I know that it is past the deadline but I am hoping I can still get in.. I recently came across the program after the deadline and can't believe how easy drexel's application process is. For all you guys who got in, do you think I still have a chance applying after the deadline? ALso, do you guys mind sharing your stats with me? I'm so nervous!Thank you!!
- May 8, '11 by francine470I cant seem to find the deadline for application on their website for spring 2012
- May 8, '11 by msneehello!!
for those who got accepted, do you guys mind telling what your gpa was? extracurricular activities? experience? pre-req grades?
im an anxious hopeful as well !!
- May 9, '11 by Tillytiffinfrancine470 - the deadlines are listed on the "learn more" page of the ACE site. its on the right hand side under "fast facts" APPLICATION DEADLINES:April 15 for Spring, Oct 15 for Fall.
Klinden1 - I don't know if they consider late applications. But the receptionist in the nursing department is always helpful and candid when I call, I'm sure they can let you know that. as far as my stats, I applied in January 2011 and got notication at the end of April. My GPA from my previous (Business) degree is 3.5 and my GPA on my pre-reqs is 3.8 - I had all A's in the sciences. I still haven't completed Ethics though. No extra-curricular activites, no medical experience. From what I've read, they go mostly by grades. Hope this helps...
- May 11, '11 by jlynnbHey guys!
Congrats to those who have been accepted for Spring 2012! Does anyone know when they will be sending orientation information? I will be visiting the campus this friday (5/13) so hopefully I will get some answers!
- May 12, '11 by Tillytiffinjlynnb, I'm also looking to plan a campus visit. They had a slot open for a nursing department visit on 5/23 at 10am for accepted students. I thought that was the soonest session. So I may go then. One of the things I'm most concerned about is finding out the schedule. I wonder how long the days are. is it like 3 days of class and 2 days of clinicals? do we have quarters that have any days off? Can you share any info that you get during your visit?
- May 12, '11 by lostinthesauceQuote from TillytiffinI read somewhere that there are two days of classes from about 8am to 5pm and three days of clinicals. I can't remember the source, but I'll post it as soon as I do.jlynnb, I'm also looking to plan a campus visit. They had a slot open for a nursing department visit on 5/23 at 10am for accepted students. I thought that was the soonest session. So I may go then. One of the things I'm most concerned about is finding out the schedule. I wonder how long the days are. is it like 3 days of class and 2 days of clinicals? do we have quarters that have any days off? Can you share any info that you get during your visit?
Also, if you click here, you can see the academic calendar for accelerated programs. Where it says "type," uncheck "quarter" and check "accelerated courses."
- May 12, '11 by jlynnb@ Tillytiffin
I will absolutely share any info I get. I know Drexel's Program is divided into 4 quarters (10 weeks each and each quarter is followed by 1 week off) I wish I could go on the 23rd- but I'll be away that week. Please let me know if you find any importmant info as well! I have also been accepted to Marymount's ABSN program (16months), Drexel was my first choice but I can't imagine completing 88 credits in 11 months now...I am going to visit both schools before I make a decision.