Anyoner hear from ccac for fall 12Register Today!
- by sali22 Mar 6, '12... Know anything about the process?
- Mar 15, '12 by sali22bump!
- Mar 24, '12 by snow_bearI have an appointment to meet with a CCAC academic advisor next week. I still have a few more prereqs to complete, so I'm looking at applying for the evening/weekend "fast track" program that starts next spring at Boyce campus with E/W Allegheny being my second choice.
- Apr 4, '12 by angelalalaNOPE. I got an envelope from them last week and was excited, but it was a fakeout (just a list of courses I've taken that they'll transfer).
- Apr 7, '12 by thomjmWell, I have bad news...... Because CCAC got rid of there PAX test they had a HUGE amount of applications.... I've overheard Boyce recieved 1000+... North 900+ and I don't even know about Allegheny or South. I've heard they're super overwhelmed and that CCAC is now harder to get into than Pitt. Sources are a good friend I work with whose instructor at North is in with the head of the department, plus I work with a few of the clinical instructors. *sigh* This does not make me happy.
- Apr 12, '12 by kay0324That is really bad news because I have all my pre and co reqs done and now I'm just playing a waiting game. I really hope I get in but if each school got 1000+ applications then chances are slim. I don't know how many people they accept at each school but i know its nowhere near that!
- Apr 12, '12 by kitty_deville13i heard they are VERY overwhelmed by the number of applicants. have you guys tried applying at some of the hospital-based programs also?
- Apr 12, '12 by sali22I got accepted to Carlow so, i'm not going to take a gamble with ccac. ccac won't be sending out letters till june/july.I applied to carlow and was accepted within days. And will have my bsn in 3 years. I start clinicals in august. There still might be open transfer seats.
- Apr 14, '12 by thomjmI'm feeling kind of overwhelmed right now, I guess. I have not applied anywhere else. I guess I thought I would be good to go in the fall with CCAC. Thinking this might not pan-out discourages me. I was thinking of applying at St. Margarets, but don't know how I feel about going through a certificate program. I am done with all of my pre-recs plus some, so I was thinking of maybe just going straight for my bachelors....
Anyone else have thoughts? Maybe some paths I haven't considered? Any ideas on B.S. programs in the area? I really don't want to have to drive into Oakland everyday though....
- Apr 14, '12 by kay0324How do you know that CCAC wouln't be sending out letters until June/July?