10 pennsylvania hospitals awarded magnet status
the magnet recognition program® was developed by the american nurses credentialing center (ancc) to recognize health care organizations that provide the very best in nursing care and uphold the tradition within nursing of professional nursing practice.of some 6,000 hospitals in the country, only 2% have achieved magnet status.
pennsylvania has 10 hospitals honored by ancc's magnet program. the magnet designation lasts for four years, after which the system will have to reapply and go through the lengthy process again.
hospitals that have reached magnet recognition follows, including the year of designation:
- [color=#336699]abington memorial hospital
- [color=#336699]children's hospital of philadelphia
- [color=#336699]fox chase cancer center
- [color=#336699]lancaster general hospital
- [color=#336699]lehigh valley hospital and health network
- [color=#336699]main line hospitals - bryn mawr hospital
- [color=#336699]main line hospitals - lankenau hospital
- [color=#336699]main line hospitals - paoli hospital
- [color=#336699]pinnacle health system
- [color=#336699]the western pennsylvania hospital in 2006
to read more on the ancc magnet recognition program...[color=#336699]www.nursecredentialing.org/magnet/index.html