Pediatrics- school age/ortho/trauma: what to expect?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Pediatrics- school age/ortho/trauma: what to expect? in Pediatric Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... I just got called to interview for a CNA position at my local children's hospital (hooray!) for the...by RunnerRN2b2014 Aug 30, '12I just got called to interview for a CNA position at my local children's hospital (hooray!) for the "pediatrics - school age/ortho/trauma" unit. This hospital would be my dream hospital when I finish nursing school so this is a huge opportunity for me. I want to be prepared for my interview and am curious about what types of patients would be on this unit? THANKS!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=779361©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,318 Views
- Sep 3, '12 by KelRN215Just as it says... trauma and orthopedic. Fractures and orthopedic surgeries are likely as well as children who have had any kind of accident- bike, skateboard, rollerblading, falling down the stairs, etc.
- Sep 12, '12 by NenjaRNIs this, by chance, Levine Children's Hospital? If so, send me a message and I can give you the scoop. I'm a nurse on 10! It is WONDERFUL. Crazy busy, but I love it.
- Sep 13, '12 by RunnerRN2b2014Quote from NenjaRNI just sent you a message!Is this, by chance, Levine Children's Hospital? If so, send me a message and I can give you the scoop. I'm a nurse on 10! It is WONDERFUL. Crazy busy, but I love it.
- Sep 18, '12 by ~PedsRN~How did the interview go?
- Sep 18, '12 by storm375What is peds nursing like?
- Sep 19, '12 by RunnerRN2b2014Quote from ~PedsRN~Interview is this Friday. I'll let you know!How did the interview go?
- Sep 20, '12 by ~PedsRN~I work with Nenja. Good luck!!!!
- Sep 21, '12 by RunnerRN2b2014I feel the interview went well. Peer interviews are always a bit awkward but I think I handled it well and answered the questions appropiately. I should find out late next week. My fingers are crossed...I think I would really enjoy working on that floor!
- Sep 24, '12 by ~PedsRN~We are a fantastic floor..... especially the night shift. Good luck and keep us posted.