Pediatric New Graduate Internship Programs? - Page 3Register Today!
- Nov 7, '11 by ChristineNQuote from fashionistaRNSee my post in page #1 of this thread where I talk about options at INOVA and Georgetown. If you are in Maryland you can also look into UMaryland or John Hopkins. Also, there is Hospital for Sick Children, a pediatric rehab facility in DC.Wow!! Thanks so much for giving me your 100% opinion. I've read in other threads that Children's management was horrible but wouldn't go into further detail. Thanks again foryour explaination. Ill definitely take it into consideration.
Do you have recommendations in other hospitals w/ Peds?
- Nov 7, '11 by fashionistaRNThanks again FNP45 and ChristineN! I guess things are never what it seems! I have an interview coming up for peds unit at John Hopkins but because of distance and not so good pay I had my eyes set at Childrens. Now, I'll definitely have a lot to consider.
I'm glad to hear you guys are happy and content outside of CNMC. You guys have my respect. Sometimes we can be blinded by the $$$ that we forget self perservation and happiness are worth much much more!
Any other advice and recommedations will truly be appreciated!
- Nov 8, '11 by fashionistaRNQuote from umcRNJust want to get your insight, but what has made CNMC enjoyable for you?!I will add that I also work at CNMC, almost 2.5 years now, While I have not worked elsewhere to compare, I have been happy here. I won't stay forever but that is because I relocated here and would like to go home someday.
- Nov 8, '11 by umcRNQuote from fashionistaRNI love my patients and have made some very good friends here. Yes there are cliques. Yes there are some management issues (where isn't there?) but I haven't seen those issues universally in my opinion. I think there is room for improvement in the hospital as a whole but I doubt there is any "perfect" hospital out there.Just want to get your insight, but what has made CNMC enjoyable for you?!
I also got a pretty good new grad orientation as well as a great experienced nurse orientation when I changed units.
- Nov 10, '11 by babyRN.When I looked for residencies, I looked at the top 15 best pediatric hospitals in the nation by US News and World report, called managers of various hospitals, and got two interviews that way, and one offer. Keep trying! Be persistent, and good luck!Last edit by babyRN. on Nov 10, '11
- Nov 14, '11 by noodlehead5050Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had heard of Edinburg Children's hospital in south Texas? I know it is in an undesirable location but was wondering if anyone knows anything about the hospital environment for RNs?
Any info is appreciated!
- Nov 15, '11 by gkveganI just started applying. I would like to stay in the area but I am not tied here so I am looking everywhere. I just did my preceptorship at CNMC and I liked it.
Georgetown closed their application window for the new grad program early because they were getting to many applications. I am starting to get nervous because it seems like there are not many peds jobs for new grads and that what jobs there are available get 1000 applications.
I would love to hear what hospitals people do like. I have not heard great things about Hopkins. In the area what about Maryland, Mt Washington, Kennedy Krieger, Fairfax?
Out of the area I know Phiily and Boston are great. Any opinions about Children's in Pittsburgh, Detroit, or Richmond?
- Nov 27, '12 by patience89Hello, I am planning on possibly going to Children's National Medical Center's NICU...do you know anything about that specific NIcu? Also, do nurses on orientation work weekends?
- Nov 27, '12 by umcRNQuote from patience89I worked two years in their NICU. You orient when your preceptor works. Nights, weekends, you do get out of holidays though. You may PM me if you want more detailsHello, I am planning on possibly going to Children's National Medical Center's NICU...do you know anything about that specific NIcu? Also, do nurses on orientation work weekends?
To the previous poster I don't know much about Fairfax except that I took care of a patient who spent a few months there and his parents HATED the PICU there for a variety of reasons. Not sure what the nurses think of it. Their NICU is great though from what I've heard