- by studentpn73 Jan 27, '11Hey! I have an important exam tomorow that I really cannot afford to miss. Only way I am allowed to miss it is if I am dying and have proof from a doctor.
So here goes. Last night I was up most of the night with the chills, very restless night, I found myself holding my right side. Usually I urinate a million times but last night I was too sore and cold to get up until about 5ish.
Today I noticed that it the pain has radiated to the back and down the right leg.
Im thinking Kidney infection? However my urine is clear, almost like H2O. Although at one point I did wipe and there was a spot of blood. Howeever I am late for my menstual (no I am not pg).
Do I go to the ER or do I put it off until later tomorow (I have one exam that I definetly need to write and a few meetings that I definetly need to attend) or do I suck it up and go, even if it turns out to be nothing.
I am also on a medication that does have a side effect that does effect kidneys....however I have been on it before and have never had problems prior?
- Jan 28, '11 by mskateIt would be worth it to go to an urgent care clinic, probably not an ER. It is always good to be on top of your health instead of waiting to see if symptoms go away. I can't really give medical advice on this board, but its worth it to get checked out.
- Jan 28, '11 by studentpn73Quote from mskateHere, we only have ER's and Clinic's...after hours and on w/e the clinics are walkins. However I did go to the clinic this AM...snuck me in (sweet). Not much they can do right now though as I just need to wait...probably is a kidney infection, however I need to wait until I can give a clear urine sample...blahIt would be worth it to go to an urgent care clinic, probably not an ER. It is always good to be on top of your health instead of waiting to see if symptoms go away. I can't really give medical advice on this board, but its worth it to get checked out.
If it gets worse tonight or on the w/e Ill head to the ER.
- Jan 28, '11 by KellyRPNinOntarioJust write the exam....then deal with the rest. You will feel better that way.
- Jan 29, '11 by KellyRPNinOntarioGood...hoping you feel better soon!