Cardiac Education ResourcesRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Cardiac Education Resources in Patient Education, part of General Nursing ... I want to ask - what videos/resources are you using for cardiac education teaching post myocardial...by gwenith Jul 7, '03I want to ask - what videos/resources are you using for cardiac education teaching post myocardial infarction?
I am looking for a simple viedoe that clearly explains many of the issues and that is up to date.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=39773©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 9,663 Views
- Last edit by VickyRN on Jan 2, '07
- here are some patient guides from university of ottawa heart institute:
- <li style="margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px">cardiology discharge booklet <li style="margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px">heart failure patient information booklet <li style="margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px">heart transplant discharge sheet <li style="margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px">pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (pte)
- cardiac catheterization
- target heart rate calculator- an excellent patient teaching tool from healthyontario.com
- Jan 1, '07 by VickyRNPamphlets available on:
Vascular Testing and You
Abdominal Vascular Arterial Disease
Peripheral Arterial Disease
These five pocket-size booklets describe, in terms your patient can understand, the nature, significance, and diagnosis of vascular disease, the value of noninvasive examinations, and what is involved in a vascular exam. Sample copies are available for download.
SVU Publications: Patient Education Pamphlets
- Jan 2, '07 by VickyRNheart center online
excellent source of patient-teaching educational materials on a rich variety of cardiovascular subjects: articles, videos, animations, illustrations. requires registration, but registration is free.
free online courses. the heart-health educator courses will help you gain control of your health. each course is divided into short, easy-to-absorb lessons, and each lesson is followed by a brief quiz to test your knowledge.
view the video and/or illustration to help visualize how the condition occurs. after completing the course, you will have the opportunity to learn more about the topic.
- Jan 5, '07 by VickyRNThe Heart Information Center from Texas Heart Institute
Chock full of EXCELLENT patient teaching materials:
Through this community outreach program, staff members of Texas Heart Institute at St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital provide educational information related to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cardiovascular disease.
- Jan 7, '07 by VickyRN3D MEDICAL ANIMATIONS
The world´s largest library of 3D medical animations developed and copyrighted by Blausen Medical Communications. The Human Atlas features rotating model, labeled slides, and printable text in addition to animated videos.
Simply click on drop-down box to the far right (under Human Atlas)
Cardiac topics include:
Congenital Heat Disease
Congestive Heart Failure
Heart Bypass Surgery
How the Heart Works
How the Valves Work
- Apr 30, '08 by redFawkesthis is really helpful..thanks so much