I am having trouble getting a PCT job in Georgia...Register Today!
This is a discussion on I am having trouble getting a PCT job in Georgia... in Patient Care Technician / Assistants (PCT/PCA), part of Nursing Student ... I just moved to Georgia in August, from New Jersey and I went school for PCT in Jersey. I have...by apspct Dec 30, '10I just moved to Georgia in August, from New Jersey and I went school for PCT in Jersey. I have nuring assistant experience. I also have First Aide/ CPR/ AED Certification. I have 240 clinical externship hours. I am certified in Phelbotomy and EKG, Medical Terminology, Vitals, Foley's, exc.... I have applied to almost every hospital in the metro area of Georgia. If anyone has any advice please feel free to help... THANKS
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=523588©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,590 Views
- Jan 6, '11 by b0rea1isThere doesn't seem to be any jobs anywhere, period. I have been trying to get a PCA job now for almost two years. I've had lots of interviews, but no success. I'm thinking of going for an EMT-B certification, but not sure that will help me or not. Perhaps you could try that as well. Some hospitals will terminate your employment with them once you get a nursing degree. I would try to avoid those hospitals at all costs. You have no idea whether you will get a job right away or not as an RN.
- Jan 6, '11 by apspctThanks! Good luck...
- Jan 22, '11 by tech1000I was told the other day it's illegal in GA to be employed as a tech when you're an RN anyway... So I wouldn't worry. Which hospitals did you look at? Where metro Atlanta? They have Emory, Dekalb Medical, Northside, Gwinnett, Piedmont, St Josephs, Northeast GA Med Center... So many... And I had no problem finding jobs here...
- Feb 28, '11 by dhellwegelook outside the metro. im not sure where exactly you are planning on living. but you can travel a very long ways outside of ATL in the time it takes you to get nowhere fast in ATL.
- Mar 5, '11 by futuredivanurseyou also might want to look at jobs at DAVITA or FRESENIUS. From my understanding...they train you on the job regarding dialysis. If you go to some of the job websites and type in patient care technician...then you will see a lot of dialysis jobs...good luck
- Mar 24, '11 by nrice28I am a nursing student and have completed a whole year (almost) in less than a month..and I can't find a job anywhere! Not even the place I do my clincals at! I can't believe it! its ridiculous! I just can't understand it. I can't even find an externship opportunity. Craziness!!!!!! :/
- Mar 27, '11 by apspctQuote from tech1000I was told the other day it's illegal in GA to be employed as a tech when you're an RN anyway... So I wouldn't worry. Which hospitals did you look at? Where metro Atlanta? They have Emory, Dekalb Medical, Northside, Gwinnett, Piedmont, St Josephs, Northeast GA Med Center... So many... And I had no problem finding jobs here...
Yes, I have applied to Dekalb and Gwinnett, hopefully I will here something really soon. I just completed a CNA course because that is what Georgia requires you to have in order to work as a PCT in this state. So, I had to get that under my belt and now I'm ready for a job. Thanx, what hospital do you work at?
- Mar 27, '11 by apspctThnx, I will try that also... I really appreciate the advice...
- Jan 5 by Jhely06182009While working as a cna, i took pct,phlebotomy and ekg courses. I have applied to Grady,Emory,Wellstar hospitals since august.I got a call from Emory Hospital on sept. for an interview but i couldn't accept the 2nd shift because i have 3 small children at home.I recently got a call from Emory to work at St Joseph Hospital as a temporary cna from 7pm to 7am which i accept.I did a lot of test including drug screening and also took some vaccines Dec 28.Meanwhile Wellstar and Grady called me for interview.You just have to keep applying and pray and try to apply fir cna position even if you are a pct you just need to get in after u can change position.God bless!!!