Got an Interview for Physicians Exchange Operator PositionRegister Today!
- by MusicEMT Jun 16, '12Hey folks so i have an Interview for this position at my local hospital called "Physicians Exchange Operator" i have no idea what it entails. my guess it some sort of phone operator position but thats all i know.. any one have any ideas?
and has anyone sucessfully transfered from one position to another once your hired in the hospital? My goal is to eventually transfer to a PCT position
is it easier to transfer once your an employee of the hospital?
- Jun 18, '12 by Bobmo88As far as I can tell it is a phone operator that directs makes calls to or pages physicians that are on call. I work night shift in the ER and when I need to get a hold of a physician and I don't have their pager number or cell number, I have to call the office and talk to the person working for the physician. They usually take down information like the name of the patient the call is regarding, my contact info and which one of my doctors would like to speak to the on call doctor. They then either connect me directly to the physician or have them paged for me.
- Jun 24, '12 by shay&lynnbest of luck! keep us updated!
- Jun 24, '12 by shay&lynnQuote from MusicEMTI felt the same way too!
I had my second interview friday.. they really liked me alot during the first interview.. the second interview i stumbled a bit.. i should hear back within the week!
When I got home I was like 'I shoulda said this...or I shoulda said that!'
- Jun 25, '12 by MissyMangoI know how you feel. I stuttered a few times during my first interview. And I thought...eeeekkkk, I just ruined it. And they called me a few days later, and offered me the job. Just think, if they called you in after the 1st interview, thats a good sign
- Jun 28, '12 by MusicEMTI got the job!!! they called me yesterday i go in for orientation next week! woot!
- Jun 28, '12 by shay&lynnQuote from MusicEMTCongrats!!!I got the job!!! they called me yesterday i go in for orientation next week! woot!
Did you find out what exactly you will be doing?
- Jun 29, '12 by MusicEMTI essential am going to be running the phone systems.. My main department is going to be with the physicians exchange (i.e call doctors up or Transfer them.. Etc..) But im also going to help out with the main operator line as well.. So im going to be talking to pretty much EVERYONE in the hospital which is a great in for a nursing job