can a cna get a jog in the ER or Labor and Delivery dept?Register Today!
This is a discussion on can a cna get a jog in the ER or Labor and Delivery dept? in Patient Care Technician / Assistants (PCT/PCA), part of Nursing Student ... hi im 31 i start class tomorrow after many years of being a stay at home mom and wife I think is...by aalsina Sep 16, '12hi im 31 i start class tomorrow after many years of being a stay at home mom and wife I think is time to think about myself.
what i will like to know is. If a cna could get hired at the er triage or at the labor and delivery dpt..
i have always wanted to be a midwife but right now starting as a cna.
i understand how demanding the cna job is, so i dont mind doing it until i can further my education.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=785755©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,239 Views
- Sep 16, '12 by VickyRNMoved to the Patient Care Technician Forum, since more appropriate for this sort of inquiry
It is possible that a CNA could get hired in the ER (definitely NOT for triage - which is an RN function) or in the L & D. You would need to go to your local hospital and check with the nurse managers on these respective units.
That said, most of the time CNAs are hired to work on a general medical-surgical type floor.
Best wishes to you
- Sep 16, '12 by soxgirl2008The hospitals around here do hire CNAs in the ER, but it is very hard to get a job in the ER as a brand new CNA (at least around here). The L&D floors around here do hire CNAs....but not very many.
- Sep 16, '12 by FutureRNGreenYes in sc you can work in the ob and the er
- Sep 17, '12 by aalsinaeveryone around me is here saying im wasting my time that a cna doesnt get paid well and that there isnt any jobs for them....
im still doing it!!!
thank you guys =)
- Sep 29, '12 by gracecaseI just got a pct job offer at a major hospital after applying for all open pct positions for about two months. I took the CNA class and feel it was totally worth it.