Anyone at Parkland in Dallas ?Register Today!
- by Lin19687 Jun 12, '10Why is it that they take so long to Hire ? I had e-mailed the HR director (because it was listed on the web site) to ask how long it took.
He said up to 74 days !! for a PCT/CNA position
They have 16 spots open. You would think that they would want to have it filled fast, no?
I have my app in and still no word for a month. And I have Experience too !
I know they have a good turn over rate due to it being so busy and a "Community Hospital" but maybe that is only for the Nurses ?
I really want to get back into the ER, I miss it, but they want EMT or EMT-P.
I will be going back to school for EMT (took the course in 1997 but didn't do the state test, didn't want to) so hopefully that will help. But geesh !
Anyone work there with some inside info ?
(or want to get an employee referral ?
- Jul 31, '10 by g.roxI work at parkland..it was so hard for me to get in, I put in so many applications so I know what u might be going through..Just keep on applying..
- Oct 4, '10 by gobananas15have you heard back yet?
I have worked there since march. I had put in a few apps last early December but never heard back and forgot about it. Then in late february I got an email for an interview and for a second I couldn't even remember what job I had applied to (it was a nursing student/pct job). I got my interview and everything and I had to take a math test too but when I went for the interview they gave me the wrong test and I had to go back at another time to retake the correct one, then the background check and everything took awhile (and I have a clean record). I think they are a bit frazzled in that office but I imagine it is pretty busy and everyone was friendly. I would just give it a bit more time but keep applying to jobs in the meantime (I haven't been seeing many lately). Try calling back each week to check!
- Oct 13, '10 by ser2011Where did you find the information about the HR email address? I am a second semester nursing student (and go to school VERY close to Parkland) and I have been applying and applying to PCT/Nurse Extern positions there. Do you have any more advice? How did you make your application/resume stick out?
- Oct 13, '10 by all4ofusQuote from ser2011I am also a second semester student and have been working at Parkland since the end of May. Someone had dropped off a flyer with our lecture instructor, so I copied down the information and emailed the recruiter with my resume and asked for more information. The recruiter actually called me back and I had and interview within a matter of days. They interviewed all of us in groups of three or four, with five interviewers at a time. It was fast and furious. Four nursing students started on my unit at approximately the same time. So, I get the impression that they expect and even count on nursing students to apply at the end of the spring semesters so they can train through the summer. Maybe there's a chance they will do the same thing at the end of the fall semester.Where did you find the information about the HR email address? I am a second semester nursing student (and go to school VERY close to Parkland) and I have been applying and applying to PCT/Nurse Extern positions there. Do you have any more advice? How did you make your application/resume stick out?
- Oct 13, '10 by gobananas15I also got hired with a group, I was hired at the beginning of the year. I think they do rounds of nursing student hiring. Keep in mind that they are also getting ready to hire GNs for residency positions too which will probably happen first because those start in January (i think...hopefully I get hired there!) When I got hired in the winter it wasn't until Feb.
- Oct 14, '10 by ser2011Alright, thanks for the information! Was it one interview and then you found out?
- Oct 14, '10 by all4ofusYes, just one interview and an answer within about a week. They also make you take a test before the interview on basic math, and PCA-related questions, like vital signs and ambulating.
- Oct 14, '10 by theidealbirthHello,
I am a Senior 2 student, and I would really like to get some info on the Perinatal Residency. Do you have the number for the recruiter? Also, any suggestions. Thanks so much
- Feb 22, '11 by Lin19687Sorry I did not get back to this.
The day I wrote this I got a call from my folks about my brother missing for a week. He was killed on the 14, 2 days later.
I moved back to Boston because of it.
I NEVER heard anything from the Hospital. Such b.s. the HR is in ALL hospitals. I think you really just need to keep calling or something.
I was back here in Boston and got a job in an ER in a matter of a month.
I am still having issues with HR's in another Hospital acting like they are idiots.
I know the Floors that are hiring are frustrated at HR because they take so long.
I hope that you all get in and learn much from Parkland. I hear it is busy busy place !