Why I Refuse Flu Shot - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 14 by momRNmyQuote from morteif you are asymptomatic, you don't have it. of course, doesn't mean you can't carry the virus, but that also goes for anyone that has had the vaccine.
The first 5 days following infection are typically symptom-free despite the infected host being extremely contagious.
- Oct 17 by jadelpnOne may be politically opposed to the vaccination. One may be against "Big Pharmacuticals" and as I am, not really into people telling me what I need to be doing to my body. Went many, many years without being vaccinated. Until I got the flu. To say it sucked out loud is a huge understatement. Oh, and then I gave it to my husband and each child. Yahoo. We needed a few more bathrooms, they sucked all of the oxygen out of the house we were all coughing so violently, and this never seemed to end. It was the winter of our discontent.
Now we are required to wear masks if we do not get vaccinated. Other nurses lose their jobs. i am all for the political activism that the "idea" of the intent behind getting vaccinated brings. And I do not disagree. But if facilities make it difficult to do your job wearing a mask for your shift, or if one loses one's job over it, each person needs to weigh benefits/risks.
- Oct 17 by Steve123I had very terrible flu in 2008. I never took flu shots before 2008 or after 2008.
- Oct 18 by kcochraneI get mine because I'm selfish...I don't want the flu.
- Oct 18 by kcochraneQuote from Steve123To each his own. I am 50 and have gotten the flu vaccine since I was in the military. I continued when I had children since one of my children had asthma aggrivated by any virus. I have had every vaccine there is. I have had the small pox vaccine twice. I am old enough to remember some of the diseases before vaccines. I am an only child because my mother was exposed to ruebella and miscarred at 6 months. All five of my children are fully vaccinated. Maybe its not 100%, no vaccine is. But I will take what I can to keep me healthy and able to show up to work everyday. I guess the mecury has not effected me, but maybe I'm special. The single use flu vaccines and the live virus version contain no mercury, so I guess you need to just stick with believing it isn't effective enough.The problem is that flu shot does not guarantee immunity. What it does guarantee is a dose of mercury. I am selfish too, I do not want mercury in my body.