New Grad 1st Job in PACURegister Today!
- by Socalstudnt Sep 10, '12I was hired as a PACU nurse is there any videos, books or even a class you would recommend a new Grad that is working in PACU ? Thanks
- Sep 10, '12 by mr cooperI am curious, what part of the country do you live in if you happen to live in the USA?
- Sep 22, '12 by elbasuritoCecil Dains's book on PeriAnesthesia Nursing may be a good resource. Check out the ASPAN website too because they set the standard of care for this practice. Learn a lot from your senior nurses.
- Sep 23, '12 by firemantoddswifeSimilar situation, hired as new nurse into PACU. Thankfully I had a very structured orientation program that lasted > 4 months. That said, if I was to look on my own, it would have been critical care resources.
Hope this helps.
- Feb 8 by JustinPACURNI was a new grad straight into PACU. My orientation was 6 months. I've been there 3 years now and the best advise I can give is to observe well and ask lots of questions. Don't be embarrassed I have learned so much from our anesthesiologist and CRNAs.