Got a job on Ortho FloorRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Got a job on Ortho Floor in Orthopaedic Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... I have worked on my Ortho floor for 1 1/2yrs as a PCA, and I have enjoyed it. This past Saturday...by Ortho_RN Oct 16, '03I have worked on my Ortho floor for 1 1/2yrs as a PCA, and I have enjoyed it.
This past Saturday my Unit Manager pulled me into her office and asked me would I like a job on this floor when I graduate... (which is December 12th)
So I told her of course She offered me a FT Night position.. I am so excited..
Now all I have to do is past my final and survive ICU and Pediatrics clinicals
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=47069©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,881 Views
- Nov 5, '03 by exnavygirl-RNI'm working full time nights in Ortho. It seems to be a good place to start. I finished LPN school in July.
- Dec 11, '03 by KimRN03I have also been a PCA on an Ortho floor for about six months and interned there this past summer. I was offered a Day/Evening position when I graduate starting December 30. I am excited, but terrified! It helps that I know the staff and know the floor already. I am a little concerned that the staff will assume I know certain things.
Congrats on your position! I think ortho is a great place to start!
- Dec 14, '03 by nursALSHi..... I have been an ortho/neuro RN for 31 years. I love ortho patients because generally they are not sick. They are usually healthy patients who come in for their elective surgeries, get well, and go home. I like to see patients get well and go home. We do get our share of the elderly who fall and fracture their hips, but most of the patients are stable.
- Dec 26, '03 by aathomstewI worked 7p-7a and our pt. load is about 5-6 pts. But up to 4 pts. can be post-op and have 3-4 pts. with PCA/Epi's.
- Dec 15, '05 by s6182I have worked ortho trauma for 8 years. I love it. Congratulations and Good luck