Correct me if I'm wrongRegister Today!
- by LTCRN4LIFE Dec 27, '12In my world (SNF Rehab/LTC) we must get all people who fall off the floor with a Hoyer. I cringe when I see post surgical hip pts in a sling...with their hip bent beyond a 90 degree flexion. Correct? Incorrect?
- Dec 27, '12 by Wise Woman RNThere are slings in which the patient remains recumbent, you log roll them on to the sling.
- Dec 29, '12 by DeBerhamYeah, you really don't want a posterior aproach patient bent beyond 90deg (and we tried to keep them in the 80deg range) due to the risk of dislocating that artificial joint. Less of an issue with anterior aproach patients.
- Dec 30, '12 by blue heelerdepends on the type of hip surgery.
- Jan 14 by ipaharpoonYikes. Do you have that many falls that you have a protocol for how to get them up?