OHSU and other PDX area applicants for 2009 - Page 6Register Today!
- Mar 22, '09 by studentmom2007Congrats twinkletoes and paprika!!!
- Mar 22, '09 by Spotty44Quote from paprika88Congrats! You should be hearing from MHCC sometime late April or Early May if their timeline is similar to last year (I was accepted there last year and am currently a first year student). MHCC takes forever, but it's a pretty quick decision after the interviews. You usually know for sure by early June.I got into PCC from the lottery draw today. Its not my first choice, but at least I know I am in somewhere and the anxiety of it all is over. Thank goodness.
I still have to wait for Mt. Hood, and hoping that all goes well.
- Mar 22, '09 by LoveMyBugsCongratulations to you both, Paprika, if you end up going to PCC and have any questions send me a email, I am a current 1st year there.
- Mar 23, '09 by deasiacDoes that mean the letter sent out by MHCC saying we should hear from them in 30 days wasnt true? I am starting to get really impatient!
- Mar 23, '09 by Spotty44Quote from deasiacIt might be true. I don't think I got a letter like that when I applied last year, I just got a letter confirming they recieved my application. I know that last year when I applied, their timeline mirrored the timeline from the previous year. Maybe they've changed it. If so, that's great because it took forever for me to get my interview invite last year...I had all but given up on them .Does that mean the letter sent out by MHCC saying we should hear from them in 30 days wasnt true? I am starting to get really impatient!
- Mar 25, '09 by OntheHorizonI was placed on the wait-list for OHSU's ABM (to midwifery) program and I was so bummed I didn't even want to post here. But a month later (last week) they called me up to offer me a spot that had just opened!!!! I'm so thrilled to be in!!:heartbeat
aspiring.midwife, looks like we'll be classmates in a few months. See you at orientation!
thanks for your support, everyone.
- Apr 27, '09 by tejonI applied at Clackamas CC and am waiting (not so patiently) for the first set of letters verifying points. I waited a year to apply, so I have 64 points going in - thinking that should at least get me the interview!
- Apr 29, '09 by DarkHairedStudentCCCHey tejon I am a first year CCC nursing student and most people who got in were in the 60 points range so 64 is great! If you get an interview it should be helpful to bring a paper and pen to write down thoughts while other people are speaking. I didn't do this but it would have been really helpful! Best of luck.
- Apr 29, '09 by tejonDarkHairedStudentCCC - thanks for the advice! I wouldn't have thought to bring paper and something to write with, but that's a great idea.
- May 4, '09 by JustJane2008Hm, I was told they'd (OHSU) send notice by early May, late April. Anyone hear anything? Nothing here yet.