OHSU Accelerated Bachelors to Masters 2011 - Page 15Register Today!
- Apr 21, '11 by lolacQuote from cohcnmHey all,
I heard from OHSU today and they offered a spot in the CNM program (accbac). So, they are still figuring out their class for next year! Has anyone figured out how to pay for this program? Any word on financial aid/ scholarships / loans?
Hey there...first off CONGRATS!!!!
THE SAME THING happened to me for the PMHNP program,,,
so OHSu should send us financial aid at the end of this month...but I too am freaking out about how to pay and talked to some current students (AccBac to Masters) and they said Wells Fargo (however it's variable interest), direct loan, private loans...I think we will have a lot more information once we get our packages and I heard OHSu financial aid office is quite helpful.
I'll pass along more info if I find out and please do the same
Also, there's a facebook page for AccBac students
"OHSU Accbacc starting 2011"
- Apr 21, '11 by cohcnmL,
Thanks and congratulations to you too
I really appreciate all of the info! I spoke with a student who is in her last year and she took out loans for the entire time. I hear that there are lots of ways to have your student loans repaid. Good luck and I will definitely update as I find out more info!
- Apr 21, '11 by lolacPlease keep me posted on loan repayment-I'm so curious!
- May 6, '11 by lolacSo, I got my financial aid package and they expect me to pay the majority with private loans.
Has anyone heard of any preferred banks? I know OHSU does not have a preferred lender list...but just thought I'd ask around.
Thanks for any info anyone has.
- Jun 1, '11 by anne2424Is anyone looking for a roommate in Portland?
I am going to be starting the accbac program end of June too. I was thinking of of going the studio/onebedroom route, but I'm starting to think I'd like to have roommates to live with.
Let me know if you're looking for a roommate. I'm pretty flexible on where I live. I know that I'd like to be relatively close and wouldn't mind having some local coffee shops/farmer's markets etc to add to the neighborhood. I'm coming from California so I don't know the area very well.
I'm pretty sure that financial aid has budgeted our living expenses to be about 750 a month max, so I'm going to stick to that and hopefully even end up with room to spare budget wise.
Feel free to contact me!
- Jul 5, '11 by PortlandnewgradHi and congrats to all of you who are accepted at OHSU!
I just moved to Portland to work at OHSU as a new grad. Very excited about my job and the city. I am also looking for potential roommates! And just more people to get to know. I am living someplace temporarily this month. Long-term I am thinking about pursuing my CNM so it would be great to hear about the program or just explore the city with other newcomers.
Feel free to get in touch!
- Jul 5, '11 by Rainer1221Hi Portlandnewgrad, Congrats on your new job and welcome to Portland! I will be graduating in August and starting my PMHNP program at OHSU in the fall. I might have a room in my house opening up in August. If you want, let's talk more to see if we'd be a good fit as roommates! If you send me your email I'll write to you with more info about me/my house/Portland, etc. Hope to hear from you soon!
- Jul 5, '11 by PortlandnewgradHey Mt Ranier!
Thanks for getting back to me I would love to hear more.
Look forward to hearing from you.
- Jan 11, '12 by arapHi All,
I know that this thread has not been active for a while, but I'm hoping someone may respond.
I have an interview with OHSU on February 2nd. Into the ABSN/MSN program for Midwifery. I was wondering if anyone had any good interview tips or info about how they like the program? Thanks!