IUON Graduates? - Page 7Register Today!
- Aug 12, '09 by lynzsey11IUON is not accreditted. This is why we transfer to a partner school in the states. I have been at IUON since Jan 09, and I have no regrets at all. Yes, it may be frustrating at times with classes and schedules, but its bound to happen at any small school. And as we get more and more students it will get better, because the school will be better prepared. If anyone has any questions about the school, please feel free to email me. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aug 17, '09 by purex13oiThe last person who made a comment about accreditation is correct (scuttles). IUON does have partner schools in the US - each semester IUON is in the process or does sign up a new partner school for us. Us as the students are allowed to transfer either in the last two or three semesters, depending on your choice of the partner school as well as speaking to the transfer representative. Hope this helps out, if any other questions feel free to ask away. As you have mention, do you daily investigation =)
- Aug 19, '09 by futurenurse102Im not going to IUON till they provide Financial aid grants. All you people are crazy for trying to get loans.... I would like to get my degree and get it over with but not until they provide us with pell grants. Only going through Louisiana college can you get a pell grant. And they sent out emails saying that President barack obama has signed it but why don't they know when its going to take place?
- Aug 19, '09 by lynzsey11IUON will be getting the title 4 funding next year. It is supposed to go into effect Jan 2010. But with anything else, that may be delayed as well. Citi bank is how the students get their loans (its how I got mine)
- Aug 19, '09 by futurenurse102Yeah I know the loans they offer but why take out so many loans when you could - get pell grants... why not take out a loan and then if you are approved for pell grant - when you don't have to pay that back? Don't get giped.
- Aug 19, '09 by lynzsey11Very true. But in some cases, this is the best way to go about it, because there is no waiting list and you get in right away. I am also doing the study abroad program, so I will be getting the pell grant as well as my regular loan I took out. I took out 1 loan for this year, and next year when I go to Louisiana- I will not need a loan because I will get a free ride due to the fact that I had no income this year. It may be a pain to do it this way, but Ill still be done Dec '10 with my BSN.
- Nov 7, '09 by medgirl12Hi. I'm a student from the caribbean and I'm thinking about attending IUON. I am currently in st. Kitts.....i'd like to know if there is a program where you can meet with a current student to talk to them about attending the schools. I'm kinda nervous about attending with all the negative comments i'm seeing.
- Dec 19, '10 by soon2bern2012Would you mind contacting me to answer some questions that I have about attending IUON in St Kitts? my email address is email@example.com
Thank You in Advance;
- Jan 22, '11 by cwhitenerJust wanted to send a note. I went to IUON in 2006 to 2007, went on to sister school in the states. Grand Canyon University. IUON gave me a good start I sat for the NCLEX in 2009 and had my first job before I knew that I had passed the NCLEX.
I think IUON could have used the Simulation lab more and the technology side of nursing is different between the two countries but nothing that can not be overcome. I currently work in ICU and have done well.
The culture shock of returning to the States takes something to get use to, But I am so thankful for the training, the teachers and the small class room. It was difficult but good.
- Apr 8, '11 by medicine1234Hey everyone
I was looking for some feedback about the school... I am interested in attending BUT its a international school
is it a good school?
is it easy to get work after getting your degree and certification?
Has anyone worked in California after going to school here?
Has anyone tried to enroll into a CRNA program after attending? any problems?
I just want to ensure myself that I will be able to apply for a CRNA program and be able to work in California if I go to school here!
Thanks everyoneLast edit by medicine1234 on Apr 8, '11