Chemeketa Nursing Program 2012 - Page 4Register Today!
- Jun 7, '12 by ssm25Last year they mailed them. I think it is a little important to just email--they still mail out and email financial aid stuff as well. Good luck everyone!
- Jun 8, '12 by Kns2They just emailed them!! I got in!!! Yay!!!
- Jun 10, '12 by ssm25Congrats! I got in as well!
- I was surprised to get a 50. Reason: I'd worked so very hard on all the other essays for colleges. I'd already done an essay for OHSU twice. They all seemed to ask about the same thing: why do you want to be a nurse, why do you think you are qualified/or what qualities do you have that will make you a good nurse, etc. So have to admit, instead of worrying, prepping etc, I used previous essays and winnowed down to what CCC wanted, got a good night's sleep and then followed the instructions exactly. Funny, one girl got done in like 8-10 mins in my cohort. I was about middle out. Don't know why I got 50 but thinking it was due to practice on all the other ones.
- responding to query on points: I got the full 360-the other 5 being for alternates from the year before. Worked my rear off working full time and getting A's in all my pre reqs so happy to see that. Some of my classmates retook classes to up their points because they didn't get As in necessary classes.
- I got in too. Received my offer via email with a ton of attachments of things needing to be done by time classes begin. What a stressful wait it was! i'm taking the CPR class they are offering in July to update my card. Did you all know about that? Only $30 and for maybe 4hrs. Much shorter and cheaper than ARC. Contact ------------- to sign up.Last edit by dianah on Jun 11, '12 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- Jun 11, '12 by jax04i received alternate position #3. iím wondering if anyoneknows how many alternated ccc tends to take.? iím hopeful yet not wanting to beexcited incase i donít make it. anyone else get an alternate position?
- Jun 11, '12 by waters8580I'm alternate #9. I heard that even alternate #11 got in last year. I'm staying hopeful until the very last minute and I'm going to get all of my shots
And CPR completed just in case.
- Jun 16, '12 by lastchance56i have the full 360. i was accepted and just sent in my intent to enroll. but, i'm also accepted at ohsu and have already paid the $200 deposit. but, you just never know. i'll follow thru on necessary stuff for both schools in case one falls thru. wouldn't that be a bummer. so an alternate may get my CCC spot.
- Jun 19, '12 by ssm25The tuition price difference would be worth it to let that $200 deposit go to me. Even if you continued on after CCC to do a BS in Nursing it would still be cheaper than paying university prices for the whole thing. My aunt has been a nurse for a long time and says she loves getting ChemCC nurses, not OHSU nurses. She says ChemCC nurses are ready to get to work on the floor and OHSU nurses are ready to take a written exam. Just my 2 cents!