Applicants to Portland area schools for 2012. - Page 26Register Today!
- May 17, '12 by nrsng4meThanks all who responded about the unpersonalized letters. I feel much better now. Sending in my acceptance today and I think I'm going to decline my interview at CCC. Haven't decided yet. I've been waiting so long to get in, I just want to jump on the opportunity, plus CCC is a little farther for me.
In response to nurseLaura, I know PCC is $82 credit and there's 60 Nursing credits + 45 general ed/nursing electives. So roughly $9000 not including books and less than that if you have an Associate's already and just need to do the nursing credits. I thought Linfield was a bit more than you listed...like around $70,000, but I could be wrong.
- May 17, '12 by SushiOConnorNurselaura, (ie, costs!)
Yes, I was just looking at costs for PCC last night too. It's part of the reason I did NOT apply to OHSU, it was just too expensive for three years there (I really only qualify for the regular BSN program, I had a poor undergrad GPA, but I have 4.0 for all my nursing prereqs...). I figured total tuition costs plus books for me would be about $7000. I have a BS already so I just need to take the nursing courses. I think I figured MHCC was about $10,000 or $11,000 but that sounds too high now comparing with PCC. IDK anything about costs at CCC... looks like I'll research that next... Oh and BTW, as I look into costs, many scholarships require you prove you are in a program but the deadlines have already passed (or coming soon!) Ok, Good luck!
- May 17, '12 by emmyersThat may be about right for MHCC, they're cost per credit is higher than PCC, and they have more for fees they will charge as well.
- May 17, '12 by missmichelleHas anyone had their CCC interview yet? Mine is tomorrow morning at 10:30am! I am really nervous/excited!
- May 17, '12 by jimithing112CCC cost per credit is about $75, I think. It's cheaper than PCC.
- May 17, '12 by emmyersMHCC is $96.75 per credit.
- May 17, '12 by smallfry2Has anyone heard when linfield will start calling people off the Waitlist for their normal BSN program? Waitlisted there and OHSU's ABSN program...
- May 17, '12 by happiness123I was told around june for Linfield's normal BSN program
- May 18, '12 by Christy24Looks like the time is finally here for CCC interviews... best of luck to everyone!!
- May 18, '12 by katinthehat8914With regard to cost at CCC: I'm a nursing student there this year and my cost for the year came out to $3,881. Fall term was $1,317, but I took Writing 123 that term also - you actually only have 9 nursing credits you have to take. Fall term is when you have to purchase all your books though, and that could cost you up to $1,000. Also, you have to buy two sets of scrubs.
Winter term was $1,282, with 12 credits of nursing courses.
Spring term also cost $1,282 and was also 12 credits of nursing classes. If you take the optional CNA 2 workshop that's $60. (You can get your CNA 2 after that, if you don't already have it, since you're a nursing student.)
In my experience, college costs always go up every year, but this can be a baseline for your calculations, those of you who were wondering about costs. Hope this helps!