Applicants to Portland area schools for 2012. - Page 11Register Today!
- Apr 23, '12 by LilpokaLet's hope for Clackamas letters in the next couple of days!!
- Apr 23, '12 by missmichelleI am praying those letters from CCC come today! This waiting game is driving me crazy!
- Apr 23, '12 by LilpokaLol, missmichelle! See, I figured it like this... if they sent them Friday, we would have gotten them Saturday. So since we didn't get them Saturday, I figure they will mail them maybe today- and then we would get them tomorrow! How's that for obsessiveness, lol.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow..
- Apr 23, '12 by Sartorius1I'm looking back at all the prior year threads and freaking out!
So many people have 4.0's and 3.9's...I have three or four B's
Did anyone that got in this year have any B's?
- Apr 24, '12 by LilpokaGetting ready for my PCC essay! Breathe...
Hoping to come home to a CCC letter!
- Apr 24, '12 by missmichelleSartorius1, I had one B in PSY237 and got a proctored essay invitation for PCC. My overall GPA is 3.91. Where did you apply?
How was the essay, Lilpoka? Mine is tomorrow and I am getting really stressed!
- Apr 24, '12 by LilpokaHi Miss,
The essay went pretty good. I wouldn't be stressed (even though I was a little, too). The way I looked at it...if you are honest, know your own experience, and what you bring to the table you will do fine! That is what I worked on, is just really knowing my story and my life. I was able to crank out two pages right to the end. But they were pretty nice in there so just take a deep breathe and think about you, where you've been, what you've done...You'll do just fine.
I AM having a tad bit of sadness though...no CCC letter today. Ugh! I wish they would just send those puppies out, lol.
- Apr 24, '12 by nursesarakHi lilpoka,
what did you think of the clothing situation? did you feel like the proctors were paying attention? i'm still on the fence about dressing up. i actually feel better when i'm wearing comfortable clothing and dress up clothes are not comfortable for me. i know it seems silly, but one of the many pluses about the nursing profession to me is the comfy uniform
- Apr 24, '12 by Sartorius1MissMichelle, thanks for the reply! I actually did not apply for this year because I'm finishing up anatomy. I plan on applying to Linfield, PCC, and OHSU for 2013. Maybe CCC but have not looked into their program much.
- Apr 24, '12 by gabrianamThere was a variety clothing choices at today's PCC essay, but several people were wearing jeans. Only one guy in a suit, and to be perfectly honest, seemed a bit out of place. We were checked in by an administrative assistant and our names were never made public. To identify us, the proctors would have had to look over each of our shoulders, write down our essay number, and then match it to the master list, etc. (Didn't happen!) If you are at all concerned (as I was), wear comfortable business casual (slacks, nice top, etc.).