Applicants to PDX area Nursing Schools 2010Register Today!
This is a discussion on Applicants to PDX area Nursing Schools 2010 in Oregon State Nursing Programs, part of Oregon Nursing ... Hi fellow applicants for 2010!! I wanted to start a thread for all of us who are applying to...by Rachel-EMT Feb 1, '10Hi fellow applicants for 2010!!
I wanted to start a thread for all of us who are applying to various nursing schools in the area for 2010. I have applied to five different places: OHSU-Monmouth, University of Portland, Portland Community College, The University of Washington, and Boise State University. I wanted to cover myself and hopefully ensure that I would get in somewhere. I have a really good GPA and experience as an EMT-Basic so I am hoping that that will help my chances.
Just waiting it out until they send out notifications.....I just want to hear back!!!
Good luck to everyone who applied!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=453749©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 65,149 Views
- Feb 4, '10 by EFreyerI applied to OHSU ABS and ABS to PMHNP programs. Haven't heard anything from either, and I'm getting nervous! Do you have any news on your schools yet?
- Feb 4, '10 by Rachel-EMTOoh I hope you get in, what's your prior degree in? I haven't heard anything yet!! But I applied to OHSU's regular BSN program and technically their deadline hasn't even passed yet(February 16th). But I have been waiting to hear back from other schools for a while! Do you know around when you will hear anything? I've heard for the regular BSN it's like June 1st, seems like forever to wait!
- Feb 4, '10 by EFreyerI have a double major in Biology and Psychology.
I didn't know the other program's application deadline was so late! Good luck!
I'm really nervous, and its hard when they don't give you any kind of indication about how it's going. I think I'm supposed to hear from the PMHNP program by the end of the month/ beginning of March, and the ABS around the end of March, but I'm not sure. I don't think I got in to the PMHNP program though, because I got an email saying they were doing interviews on Jan. 27 and Feb 3rd and I wasn't invited to one.
Keep me posted on how your process is coming along and if you hear anything!
- Feb 8, '10 by LoveMyBugsIf you applied to PCC have you looked into Clackamas CC and Mt Hood CC, as they are all OCNE schools, there is also Clark CC in Washington and WallaWalla has thier nursing school at Adventist Medical Center campus in Oregon.................Good Luck
- Feb 8, '10 by Rachel-EMTiVanaBEEaRN-
Thanks for the advice!!
Yes I am also applying to Clackamas CC but their deadline isn't unitl April so I am kind of waiting to hear back from a few of my schools in March before I worry about that. And I did look into Mt. Hood but to be honest I really didn't like how they only give discretionary points to LPNs and CNAs and none to EMTs. All of the other OCNE schools do so I was a little put off, even though I am sure they are an excellent program and I should probably apply anyway! Just hurts my EMT pride i guess.... .
Anyway, what about you? Are you in a program already or applying?
- Feb 8, '10 by Rachel-EMTOh never mind I see that you are about to graduate, congratulations!!!! May I ask where you are graduating from?
- Feb 9, '10 by LoveMyBugsI am at PCC, so if you get into their program feel free to ask me any questions. I know that waiting for CCC was the longest, they didn't let me know untill the end of June when I applied and by then I had allready been accepted to PCC and gone to orientation, I didn't get into CCC, but it was my choice school because it was so close to my house, but I really like PCC.
- Feb 10, '10 by Rachel-EMTivanaBEEaRN-
Yeah PCC is definitely towards the top of my list of choices, I know a few other people who go their for Nursing and they have nothing but good things to say about it. I did my EMT courses at PCC-Cascade and visited Sylvania a few times and I just love that campus!! I really hope I get in, when you applied were they still doing the lottery?
- Feb 10, '10 by navyamyI have applied to PCC, Chemeketa and will be applying to Clackamas CC in April. PCC shows on their website that they will be having interviews w/ the top 150 the last week of April. I hope to get into one of them!