University of Portland Letters are CommingRegister Today!
- by saribeari Mar 3, '11Lol and I swear I can spell coming LOL I am just a little excited.
Got mine today
- Mar 3, '11 by airbenderYeah, got mine today. Unfortunately, it's a waitlist offer, so I'm not exactly over the moon. It could be worse! I have to wonder what exactly they're looking for. I have a prior degree, lots of health care experience, 4.0 GPA for pre-reqs which are all done except for microbiology, and sent I in a great letter of reference, and my CNA license with the application.
Did you get in? Congrats!! It's a great school!
- Mar 3, '11 by danceandchantI just got mine today too! I got accepted. I'm actually quite surprised, out of the three I applied to (OHSU, Linfield, and UP) I figured I had the smallest chance of getting into UP. I had a 4.0 in my prerequisites, a prior degree, my CNA, and 13 years of Catholic school behind me. I didn't have a lot of the prerequisites completed though (no Micro, History, Philosophy or Statistics). I'm pretty thrilled, UP is a great school.
- Mar 3, '11 by ValerieBPDXI got my acceptance letter today! I am in for Spring 2012. I was hoping for fall, but I am so stoked to know I have at least one option. Also applied to OHSU's and Linfield's accelerated 2nd degree programs. Will you all be in spring or fall? I live right down the street from UP, so it would be handy, anyway! I wasn't expecting to hear from any school for another week or two, so it was a good surprise.
- Mar 4, '11 by MeeseHello all,
I am new to this forum as of today, but I must admit the posts have been very helpful in the past. I also received my admissions letter from U of P yesterday; however, mine too was a wait list offer. I'm sure this question has been raised before, but does anyone know how many wait list offers they send out? And how many spots they fill in general (for Spring 2012)? I am a transfer student and have heard that we are secondary to their traditional students... wonder what the ratio is this year?
This waiting game is torture
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one feeling this way though. I applied to Linfield and OHSU as well. Please, please let me get into just one program! I'm starting to feel like I should have applied to more schools...
Congrats to those who have been accepted - you can rest easy now
- Mar 6, '11 by FenterRocksLast year was my first year applying and I applied to OHSU and UP. I was waitlisted for UP and did not get into OHSU. Last year I heard that they can put up to 300 people on the waiting list (which seems like a lot) but you can call and ask what number you are. I was 63 and with the amount of people trying to get into school they obviously did not go too far into the waiting list cause I never heard anything. But...This year I only applied to Linfield and UP and I was accepted to UP WHOO HOO! (I think Linfield sends out their letters next month) There is hope, so if this is your first year applying, don't be too upset if you do not get in. Keep trying!
- Mar 6, '11 by FenterRocksOne more thing! Fall entrance is for 4 year UP students and they only admit you to fall if for some reason they end up with less 4 year students entering their Junior year.
- Mar 7, '11 by boloCongradulations everyone on your UP acceptance!!! I got accepted as well....Yippy. Its nice to know I have a place to land after all the hard work involved getting to this point.
IF you have a choice between UP and Linfield which one would you pick and why?
I know someone going to Linfield and she did not reccomend it if I had UP or OHSU for other choices.
- Mar 7, '11 by mggarner@ bolo, Im curious why your friend did not reccomend Linfield over UP? What did they not like about it?
- Mar 7, '11 by boloIs there a way to send private messages on here? I do not want to repeat hear-say comments about Linfield publicly. The comment was just a personal prefference if given a choice.