OHSU ABSN 2013 Applicants - page 17
I didn't see a thread.....although it is quite early yet for some to be thinking about the upcoming application session. I am a senior at Marylhurst/PCC, will be graduating Spring 2013 and applying to OHSU, Duke, and John Hopkins... Read More
- 0Apr 3, '13 by prfoodieI called the admissions office today to ask them a question and the nice lady on the phone let me know that they are still planning to send out notifications via snail-mail by the middle of the month. She also said they have not yet decided if they will be calling or emailing applicants as part of the notification process.
Everything I'm about to say is pure speculation. It sounded to me (from her tone of voice and what others have told me) that they will be notifying people who have been outright accepted into the program by phone and/or email. I don't think they want to confirm this because it might upset people who don't get a call immediately and could create more work for the admissions office if they need to answer a litany of phone calls.
- 0Apr 3, '13 by ArianaA@ Ames808 OHSU was the only program in Oregon that I applied to, but I was really hoping to get in. As a back up, I applied to some schools in NY where my family is. I got into one, and will be going there. It's a 15 month program, and then I will be back to Portland to join the craziness of applying for jobs
- 0Apr 3, '13 by dkmamato3Quote from ArianaAcongrats on getting in! It is great that you will be close to family while attending.@ Ames808 OHSU was the only program in Oregon that I applied to, but I was really hoping to get in. As a back up, I applied to some schools in NY where my family is. I got into one, and will be going there. It's a 15 month program, and then I will be back to Portland to join the craziness of applying for jobs
- 1Apr 8, '13 by maddi13Anyone hear anything from OHSU yet about whether they will be calling or emailing applicants in addition to the snail mail letters we will all receive? Also, does anyone know if they will have a fall cohort in addition to the summer cohort this year? I NEED to know. I'm going to die of anxiety and curiosity if we don't hear anything this week.
- 0Apr 8, '13 by KeeBeezI sent an email asking if they were going to call or email anyone this week and they basically ignored me and said
Thank you for contacting the OHSU School of Nursing. The admission letters have not been sent out, they should be going out in the mail early next week.
I hope this information is of help.
Office of Admissions
OHSU School of Nursing"
So... that wasn't helpful haha
- 0Apr 9, '13 by maddi13They're both great schools, but as an out- of- state student I would choose Linfield because it is less expensive and finances are a concern for me. Although, I didn't apply to Linfield because they require you to have your degree in hand before applying (not matriculation) and I don't graduate for another couple weeks, and therefore, I wasn't able to apply before the deadline and would have to wait until next cycle to apply. In addition, my husband will be attending OHSU for medical school in the fall, so it would be more convenient for us to both attend the same school.
- 0Apr 9, '13 by mamakacI contacted the admissions lady that I have been e-mailing and she said that the committee has not sent the final admissions to them yet, but it should be this week or early next week- so still mid-April for letting us know.
They are having both the Summer and the Fall cohorts, that has been in place since it started a few years ago. When I first asked about a month ago, they said they would calling, e-mailing, and snail mailing those that were accepted into the program- those that were waitlisted or declined would only be getting letters through snail mail.
So anxious-- I am such a planning type of person, so this is sucking the life out of me not knowing. Hard to focus on chemistry and other courses.......