Linfield College - Page 5Register Today!
- May 20, '09 by iamnumber9I GOT IN!! I got the call yesterday. I'm no longer on the wait list!! I start this June
- Jun 3, '09 by iamnumber9Don't give up! A friend of mine encouraged me to call and I'm so glad I did. She said that one of her friends got in 2 days before the program's start. Evidently, some people don't get all their immunization and other paperwork in on time. Good luck!!!
- Jun 3, '09 by RN425I called them today and found out I'll be starting Fall 2009! Apparently there was someone who wanted to start in Spring so Mindy made the switched for us. YAY! I wanted to start in June too but they didn't except my 1st term upper division anatomy class so I'm taking the lower division one over the summer.
I'm so excited to start!
- Jun 3, '09 by iamnumber9CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome!!!
- Jul 18, '09 by RN425I know it is irresponsible of me to wait till the last minute to ask when Fall 2009 orientation but can anyone tell me? I know its July 20 but not sure about the time. Thank you!
- Jul 18, '09 by OregonBSNQuote from ngttBe there at 8:00 AM, meet in the photo gallery of Peterson Hall to pick up your name badge and orientation packet.I know it is irresponsible of me to wait till the last minute to ask when Fall 2009 orientation but can anyone tell me? I know its July 20 but not sure about the time. Thank you!
- Oct 18, '09 by Halla17Hey everyone!
Congrats to everyone that got into Linfields accelerated BSN program! I won't be applying for a few more months because I finishing up Anatomy, Physiology, Sociology, Anthropolgy and a few other courses. I was first wondering if there's only one deadline to apply for their accelerated program per year. I see that there are several start times, like in the summer, fall, and spring. Can you only apply between January 1 - February 1 for all three start times? I was also wondering how many of you had Anatomy & Physiology still in progress at the time that you applied? I see on their website they say that you must have at least one term done of each before applying, but I noticed that some people got their acceptance letters while they were still taking A & P. I also saw that there were over 600 applicants! Does anybody know what the average GPA was for getting in there? I would really appreciate it if anybody who got into the program could share their GPA stats with me. I'm just curious as to what the competition is since they say they only require a minimum 2.5 GPA. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated! Linfield College's Portland accelerated BSN is my #1 choice!
Thanks so much!
- Oct 21, '09 by barleynhopsBSNHalla-There is only one application period (Jan-Feb) for the June, Sept, and Feb start dates.
You don’t need to have all your AP finished if you have AP1 done and Micro and other science you probably are good. I know some classmates had at least one AP to do after the deadline. Like many students I still had classes to take after the application period. In my case I still had three classes: Anthro, Chem, and Bio.
I don’t have the exact statistics on GPA accepted, but talking to classmates I would say the avg pre-req GPA for the ABSN is around 3.6.
Linfield doesn’t only look at GPA, they also look at involvement in your community. If you have the time you may consider volunteer work.
Linfield is a great school, good Luck with your application!