Inquiring about the unionRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Inquiring about the union in Oregon Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I am currently working at a non-union hospital in Medford. I am wondering what union members think...by bengle56 Dec 12, '05I am currently working at a non-union hospital in Medford. I am wondering what union members think of their union. Do they think it is worth the trouble and money to belong? Has it really helped them in their employment?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=133371©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,340 Views
- Dec 14, '05 by mark hamelWell,well, is a labor union good for RNs . Yes ,,,,if your suits in charge are liars and cheats! Up the road from Medford, Roseburg RNs are organizing with Oregon Nurse Assn. to take care of this problem................
- Dec 14, '05 by mark hamelWhat happen to my smilie icon......:chuckle
- Jan 21, '06 by mark hamelGood news for the Mercy RNs in Roseberg, they voted to unionize.......:hatparty:
- Sep 20, '06 by MayladybugI am an LPN and was a union member at the hospital I worked at in WA. Now, back in Oregon, in a hospital that the LPN's are NOT union, I am finding it to be a challenge. The contracted RN's get better shift diff, better weekend diff, they are given 2 hours notice for low census and their low census is monitored for fairness of who had it last.
I get floated whenever they choose. They will give me only 90 minutes notice of being low censused. There are no records of who was low censused when, and who's turn it is. I gave up working evenings cuz the shift diff was a laugh.
I personally preferred having a union to back me up.
- Sep 21, '06 by weetziebatI'm an RN in Eugene, and I love our union. It fights for us and we have benefits I've never even imagined in non-unionized jobs. Yeah for unions!!!
- Sep 5, '07 by flpsychnurseGo union. No one else takes care of nurses.
- Jun 6, '11 by maree77Please share to what hospital you are working at! Thanks! I will only work in a union hospital too. Totally fair and right is what you get.