delayed OHSU admission notifications?Register Today!
- by Cinquefoil Mar 25, '11Just to let other OHSU applicants know; I just heard from a friend that one or two years ago, OHSU's school of nursing let people know about BSN admissions nearly ONE MONTH after the date they said they would on the website.
So, if, like me, you have butterflies in your belly about getting in to OHSU, they might be there a while longer, unless OHSU has figured out how to streamline their admissions process.
And if, like me, you're applying to multiple schools, some of which have deposits due May 1st, you may have to be prepared to think fast if you do get into one of those programs and OHSU.
The good part of all this is no letter by early April doesn't = no admission, it might just = swamped-busy and running-late admissions dept!
Good luck to all of us!
And speaking from my nerves: AAAAIIIIIIIIGHHHHH!
Nursing or bust! :redpinkheCinquefoil
- Mar 25, '11 by CuriousMeAre you sure they didn't let folks know for a month after the date listed on the website?
I know that before 2009 they notified applicants about admissions decisions a month later than everyone else (usually the beginning of June) but they did announce on the day they said they would.
- Mar 26, '11 by CinquefoilNo, not completely sure, since this is hearsay, so take w/a grain of salt, but it's direct hearsay from an OHSU student.
- Mar 26, '11 by CuriousMeQuote from CinquefoilI think it's more likely that like a game of telephone, the fact that they used to inform everyone a month after all the other schools has gotten twisted in to, "they told everyone a month later than they said they would."No, not completely sure, since this is hearsay, so take w/a grain of salt, but it's direct hearsay from an OHSU student.
- Mar 26, '11 by CinquefoilPossible. I guess we'll see.