Applying out of state
- 0May 25, '12 by Sartorius1Has anyone done so this year (or years past)?And were you accepted?This obviously isn't my first choice, but I am willing to move if I have to.My advisor said she had a student that was denied at OHSU but accepted to Columbia and John Hopkins. Crazy!Any input would be greatly appreciated
- 1Jun 9, '12 by ltw25Hi there! I applied to as many Oregon schools as possible and also threw in a couple out of state schools. I ended up being accepted to Northern Arizona University's accelerated BSN program and just graduated from their 12 month program. It ended up being for the best. While it's tough to uproot your life and move out of state for nursing school, I found it to be worth it. Check out NAU!!
- 1Jun 13, '12 by hellonewyear@ Sartorious1 I'm currently looking into Lousinana State Health and Science University. It's located in New orleans, the tuition is appealing (considerably less that other OR BSN school!) and it's a large teaching hospital system. I'm also looking into schools in texas as well. My biggest concerns are lower tuition, and better work opportunities!
- 0Jun 13, '12 by Sartorius1Thanks ltw and hellonewyear! It's kind of comforting knowing I'm not the only one considering making a move. If I don't get it my first year, I will pursue out of state programs. Does anyone know anything about the HESI? Or other tests? I didn't even know they existed until I started browsing other states forums.
- 0Jun 14, '12 by hellonewyear@Sartorious1 I can't PM yet, but to answer your message I've never been but I've heard great things from friends who hail from there! I'm suprised no schools in oregon require admission tests, it's a relief mind you but still suprising. From what I know of the hesi assuming you've taken all your pre-reqs it isn't to difficult. Pretty basic questions.