Applicants to Portland area schools for 2012. - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 21, '12 by shauna.rHi everyone! I've been reading through the forums, especially those from last year, to see when notifications are going to arrive. I'm waiting to hear from OHSU ABN, Linfield, and George Washington. I have a skype interview with University of Arizona on Saturday and have been accepted to University of Portland for Spring 2013. I'm really anxious to hear back from OHSU and GW. I'm also excited about UP but it's a lot of money... If anyone hears anything please post!
- Mar 23, '12 by LilpokaWell, I recieved my points letter for Clackamas! A week earlier than I thought. It says that notices of interviews will be sent after the 6th of April, which is the last day to challange your points letter. Nothing yet from the other 3 schools. Hmm...waiting nervously! Anything with anyone else out there.
- Mar 23, '12 by SushiOConnorHello to all and thanks for posting!
I applied to University of Washington, PCC, MHCC, CCC and Clark. I just got my points letter from CCC yesterday (60) so I was excited to share! I applied to OHSU last year but since I was only qualified to do the 3 year program, and it's the same BSN as any OCNE school, I didn't apply there this year (SO $$$). I'll try to get a job ASAP with just ADN and just take classes but I might end up moving out of the area (to follow my lover!). I have a few friends in OHSU's ABN, and I know someone in PCC's program. I am currently working as a CNA in downtown Vancouver since last Sept. (walk to work!) and volunteering at OHSU on a general surg. floor. I have also volunteered at Wallace Medical Concern (awesome people) for the mobile health screenings which I REALLY enjoyed. I did get to write the essay for UWash but they don't give any more feedback till April! For points at other programs I had 58? at PCC, 59? MHCC, 60 at CCC, and 42 at Clark (out of 52). OOOPPPS gotta go! Write more later...
- Mar 24, '12 by osuchrisHi Future Nurses!!
I am new to this forum and have applied to the PCC and OHSU traditional BSN programs. I am a 38 y/o career switcher - I am going from IT Project Management to being a Nurse. I did all my pre-reqs at PCC and feel pretty good about getting in the program there - or at least making it to the proctored essay stage. I am still very anxious about finding out for sure though. I applied to PCC/MHCC and CCC last year expecting not to get into MHCC and CCC - but having a strong (I thought 59 points) PCC application. Turned out that I forgot to include a copy of my Oregon Board of Nursing CNA license verification and that cost me 4 points and I didn't make the cut. I did use that extra year to re-take A&P 1 to raise my grade from a B to an A and I work full time as a CNA in a sub-acute care facility. So this year my score should be 63-ish. I still am quite paranoid that I left something out - even though I triple checked it and three other people checked as well. I do wish PCC would do a point verification letter like CCC does, that would help quite a bit. I don't really know what to expect from OHSU, their class is quite small and I know that they are even more competitive. So good luck to all and I look forward to hearing some great success stories soon.
- Mar 24, '12 by SushiOConnorHello OSUChris,
I am in a similar shipping vessel. This is my second career, that I've started already, switching to working as a CNA. I too applied to MHCC last year and was invited for an interview but never made the final cut (or even waitlisted). This year I expect to get into at least one OCNE school but if I get into UofWash I'll move up there! Was the only reason you applied to OHSU's BSN to increase the number of programs applied to? I really don't understand the draw for that program since it take 3 years (for a BSN) and it costs a LOT more than going the OCNE CC->3rd year @ OHSU for same BSN route. I guess I just don't have a good feeling (probably a little bitter actually) about that program (although I hope I get into an OCNE CC school) because my undergrad GPA was too low to even apply to that program! LOL anyways, good luck on all your applications and wouldn't worry too much, you sound like a very strong candidate.
- Mar 24, '12 by osuchrisThanks for the kind words. I applied to OHSU mainly to see what would happen with them, and I have heard their program is a bit better - but if given the choice I really don't know where I would pick. Initially I didn't even consider getting a BSN, only the ADN - but hearing about some of the difficulties some ADN people are having getting a job, I really think I have to add that extra year. Hopefully in a week or two I should hear about making the cut for PCC. Good luck to you as well.
- Mar 25, '12 by portland medicFinally seeing some conversation on here! Just got my points verification sheet from CCC, and thought I would have more points, even though 58 is pretty alright. The OHSU online application finally updated to show that yes, I had in fact applied. That was a little nerve-wracking, not knowing if they even received my stuff in time. I think I have the best shot at PCC and OHSU; PCC due to my points there (took all pre-recs there and got points for 2 quarters of spanish) and OHSU due to my long medical field work history. To anyone who applied to PCC last year, when did you start to hear back from them?
- Mar 25, '12 by Andee137Thank you for posting this! I have been wondering if anyone else has received acceptance (or denial) letters. I applied to OHSU's ABS program and Linfield's accelerated program. I haven't heard back from either and every day I get home I am disappointed when the mailbox is empty. I read another post where someone said that OHSU isn't sending out letters until mid-April. Unfortunately, I need to know which program I get into (if any at all) by the beginning of April due to unfinished pre-reqs. If anyone hears back let us know! Thanks!!
- Mar 25, '12 by osuchrisPCC should start sending letters out next week (1st week of April). At least that's what they did last year. I don't think OHSU sends out letters until May. But that is for the regular BSN program not the ABSN program. I would imagine that program will be sending out notifications soon since they start in June.
- Mar 29, '12 by nwnursingHi everyone! I applied to PCC, Clackamas, U of P (waitlisted) and OHSU Acc Bach. My points letter for Clackamas was 63, which I'm pleased with. I think I figured 65 points for PCC, but they don't verify, so I'm not sure.
I couldn't handle it anymore, so I finally broke down and called OHSU. Accelerated bachlors letters will be mailed around the 15th of April. I'm pretty sure that I don't have a good shot there, but you have to apply just in case.