Any MHCC invitee's out there?
- 0May 4, '09 by wyomtorlpnJust wondering who all got invitations for interviews and if you will share what your scores are before the interview.
I got my invitation and my score is 61 pre-interview.
- 0May 4, '09 by JessBondI got an interview invitation for MHCC but how do you know how many points you have pre-interview? I don't remember seeing that information anywhere. I'm not too concerned because unless I get in to OHSU I will be attending PCC, but I am interested to know how many points I have.
- 0May 4, '09 by thevixenI also have an interview for May 7th. I think I have 57 points. Although, I'm not sure how the residency considerations work. Does anyone have any idea? I didn't count any points for that. I live in Beaverton. Does anyone know if I get any residency points for that? Good Luck everyone!!
- 0May 5, '09 by wyomtorlpnJess,
The points are determined from the worksheet on page 6 of the application. Max 40 points for GPA, max 5 pts for A&P I grade, 5 pts for all A&P series completed, 5 pts for all 45 credits of pre-req completed, max 3 points for prior degree, max 12 discretionary points (max 5 pts for work experience, 4 pts for science based courses complete, 2 pts for residency, and 1 point for all 30 credit pre-req's done at MHCC). These all total 70 points max pre-interview.
Vixen, I went to the MHCC web-site and found the definition of "district" and this is what it says:
"The Mt. Hood Community College district encompasses an area of about 950 square miles with a population of more than 300,000. The district boundaries extend as far east as the lofty peak of Mt. Hood and to the Wasco County line, south into Clackamas County including the communities of Boring and Damascus and west into the city limits of Portland. The Columbia River from 33rd Street to Cascade Locks is the northern boundary. Within this area are included the high school districts of Corbett, David Douglas, Gresham-Barlow, Parkrose, Port of Cascade Locks, Reynolds. Centennial and the Oregon Trail District."
Hope that helps.
I was told that the dates for the interviews are based on the first letter of your last name.
Best of Luck to Everyone on their interview!!
- 0May 6, '09 by tpbp0206I am still waiting for a letter from Mt. Hood, I don't know if it will be an interview letter or a reject one. Does anyone know there system for sending out letters? I feel that last year my reject letter came early. My last name starts with a P, don't know if that is what they are going after? Out of the 3 other people I know who applied this year only one has received an interview letter and the other 2 are in my same boat. Any ideas??
- 0May 7, '09 by deasiacI called Mt. Hood because I hadn't recieved a letter either. They told me the admissions lady was in an accident so some of the letters didnt go out until yesterday. She also said that if you miss your interview because of it you can reschedule. I am right there with you and its coming.
- 0May 7, '09 by nwjetI have an interview on next Tuesday (12th of May) and my point score as I calculated it was 59 but I have no idea what MHCC calculated it to be since it wasn't listed in the letter I received. Does anyone know if we'll eventually be told what the "official" score was that MHCC claculated for us?
Good luck to everyone!
- 1May 7, '09 by Spotty44Quote from nwjetNot to my knowledge....I never knew my point total that they calculated for me, but I also was accepted. I'm not sure if they tell you what your total was if you're not accepted.I have an interview on next Tuesday (12th of May) and my point score as I calculated it was 59 but I have no idea what MHCC calculated it to be since it wasn't listed in the letter I received. Does anyone know if we'll eventually be told what the "official" score was that MHCC claculated for us?
Good luck to everyone!