hi o.r. team members. last week i did an experiment with one of my doc and turn over....my shortest time was 20 min the longerst 35...this is what we did for that day.
1. she marked 2 patients off the bat, placed h&p's on chart
2. soon as she started closing i called day surgery told them she was closing and wanted her patient brought to holding. (this helped get antibiotics in quicker and getting the patient closer to the or suite) for some reason daysurgery always holds thing up with last minute preps.
3. i always keep my room neat but this experiment i pulled the trash out of the cans for the pct's just to save one step. i called them as soon as she got on the last stitch told them to be ready to come in with the strecher.
4. as soon as the patient was moved the sheets came off of the bed and it was wiped down and re-sheeted. clean trash bags back in trash cans as we were rolling out and the floor was mopped by the cst.
5. i had my cst to bring two case carts at a time this way i could check the other one during the case outside the door. have sterile services bring what ever they left off.
6. i took the patient to pacu gave report went straight to holding and picked up the next patient.
7. back in the room in 20 min.
admitted short cut
[color=#00bfff]1. counted after pt was sleep but before prep. you do it when your on call all the time.