Quote from puddingpie
I have a interview tomorrow for a OR new grad program.
I really really want this job, I am not to thrilled with being a Scrub nurse, but very excited about Pre op and Post op (PACU) section.
As I mentioned before I really want this job and my last interview was a disaster (So I am a little stressed)
What are some questions I should/could ask the interviewer?
What are some areas I can address?
I really want to impress the interviewer-
All advice is welcomed.
Most nurses rarely scrub. You will most likely circulate most of the time. Pre-op and PACU are not very exciting. You will spend about 5 minutes in each per case.
Here are some questions to ask....
1. Do nurses scrub or just circulate?
2. What will most likely be my permanent shift after I am trained?
3. How often will I take call?
4. Do nurses specialize in one type of surgery or do all nurses do every type of surgery?
5. How many months is orientation?
During your interview, remember to smile a lot. It shows confidence and makes you likable. NEVER say anything negative. For example, don't say you are interested in the O.R. because you don't like floor nursing.