I currently work in staff development in a large academic medical center OR. Trying to develop a more structured/organized orientation process. If any of your hospitals offer an internship or fellowship for new hires with no operating room experience please share your experiences:
1. How many sessions do you offer on an annual basis?
2. What is the length of your program? of the didactic portion? of the clinical portion? Does your facility offer Periop 101?
3. Is there a limit to your class sizes?
4. Do you have designated classroom space for education/training/labs?
5. Can inexperienced nurses start work at any time or can they only start when a fellowship/internship class starts?
Many thanks in advance!