I'm in a situation and I need your advice. Right now I'm currently working full time in an OR at a hospital out of state (I'm from California). I was accepted in their Aorn Periop 101 training program and I have already passed the final exam for the Periop 101. (This is my first nursing job out of nursing school
and I love it!) I've been working here for about 6 months... now here comes my dilemma.
I'm really homesick and where I'm currently at I have no family/friends up here. This is the farthest and longest I've ever been from home... ever! I recently applied to a surgery center job back home in California through a friend. To my surprise, the surgery center told me they are willing to offer me a full time job or a per diem position whichever I want, until my lease for my apartment ends. I would be getting paid a good $17 more at this surgery center than the hospital where I'm at currently. I'd also be commuting about an hour or so to work instead of my usual 15min drive. This commute will take some getting use to, but its way better knowing I'll be home in Cali. I can't help but think that this commute will eventually cause me to look for work even closer to home =/ But... now my current employer has offered to train me in robotics surgery (Da Vinci)! Does anyone know if nurses trained in robotic surgery get paid more? I'm really interested in learning and being trained in this specialty but at the same time I know I will eventually want to work at a ambulatory surgery center later down the road. I really don't want to miss out on the opportunity to get a job back home in California, especially since the job market is tough out there. Also, did I mention this surgery center is kind enough to hold the position for me?! I haven't heard many stories of places doing that, moreso because of the fact I didn't have 6 months experience at the time when I applied >_< So I feel really blessed to have been given this wonderful opportunity.
I really don't know what to do. Sorry for the lengthy description. I'd really appreciate some feedback! What would you do in my situation? Should I stay at my current job to get the "hospital experience" and pass up the opportunity to move back home?