CNOR study toolsRegister Today!
- by blueberry21 May 7If your have taken and passed the CNOR can you please outline your study prep. What specific flash cards, books etc.. did you use? How long did you study before taking the test? Did anyone take Zander prep course? Essentially, what I'd like to know is which ones are worth it and which are not. Thanks!
- May 7 by Sweet_Wild_Rosehttp://www.cc-institute.org/docs/def...mStudyPlan.pdf
I found this as a helpful guide. Also, check with your unit educator or facility library for a no cost version of the AORN standards.
- May 8 by kguill975Like the PP, I used the study guidelines listed in CCI's website and borrowed a study guide and CD from my hospital's educator. I also used the Alexander's book that I used in my internship, along with the AORN Standards. Before buying anything, check with your OR educator, they get a lot of stuff through their budget.
- May 8 by blueberry21Thanks for the information. This is exactly what i was looking for! How long did you prepare for the test?
- May 8 by kguill975Quote from blueberry21There were 8 of us who took it together. We studied for about 2 months. All but 1 of us passed, and the one person didn't pass because she felt that 25 years of OR nursing experience was all the studying she needed. Wrong! What'll get you are the definite parameters like temps, humidity, sterilization practices, disinfection practices, and terminal cleaning, etc. The rest of it wasn't that hard. Good LuckThanks for the information. This is exactly what i was looking for! How long did you prepare for the test?