Best and Least Cases?Register Today!
- by ACaring&Sweet,Rn Mar 25Hi, I was just wondering if you can give me some insight to your best and least favorites cases that you like to do. Which cases do you like to do more than others, and why? Are just tell me which cases you specialize in? For example, i would like to specialize in hearts someday, but i will do the basics first just to get experience. Orthos cases are way to long and consume most of the day in the OR. But I think all the cases are fascinating since i am new and have alot to learn. Thanks.
- Mar 25 by GadgetRN71Ortho is my favorite. I particularly enjoy Ortho trauma and robotic assisted total joint replacements.(Makoplasties). I also like general cases. Hate Gyn.
- Mar 25 by krwrnbsnI love doing thoracic cases! I do not enjoy doing plastics;(
- Mar 26 by tbehlowLove ortho, it's always moving, at a good pace, hate vascular ...
- Mar 26 by BaseballmomRNI like vascular, eyes, laparoscopic procedures and robotics. I dislike ortho and urology the most.
- Apr 3 by heartloverHearts, vascular and thoracic are my favorites! I love cardiovascular! I dislike urology or gyn the most even robotic cases. I enjoy doing general cases: appys, gallbladder, bowel resections, etc for an easy day and a change of pace. Trauma is also a lot of "fun" in that weird way. I guess I like complicated cases that make you think and work hard.
- Apr 4 by Sezza83Love gynae, obestretrics and general surgery.
Hate ortho and eyes.
- Apr 4 by RN SamLove ortho! Urology annoys me. Cannot stand urology
- Apr 4 by LandD_RN_chicaLove general, ortho and plastics. But the only reason I love general is because of the surgeon I work with and ortho the surgeon is nice to work with as well. Plastics I like because some of the cases are interesting, not so much the doctors on that one. Hah. The surgeons set the mood for the whole room/day.