University of Phoenix MSN Program - page 23
:welcome: I would like to use this thread for all of us attending or having attended UofP. I am going to begin classes in August of this year in the MSN/ED program. I would love to hear from different people who are in... Read More
- 0Jan 5, '12 by LVNBSN2Quote from mtsteelhorseI took it 2 classes ago, and there is very little math involved....and no new math teqniques to learn. It's mostly definitions....normal curve, mean, median, mode, central tendancy, hypothesis testing, etc.Anybody taken a UOP stats class HCS 438? There is no math pre-req so I'm thinking/hoping it is easier than a math stats? Feedback anyone???
I squeaked by with an A-.
- 1Jan 18, '12 by ICU_JOSIEQuote from ICU_JOSIEJust an update:I graduated in June 2010 finished the MSN Program in November 2010. It was pure hard work but was very well worth it!Thanks UoP!!!Hello everyone! I'm really happy to have found this thread. This forum has always been helpful in my decision making from deciding to migrate and taking the NCLEX exam to finally making it here in the US! I used to work in England as an RN for 5 years in a specialized area called Infectious Diseases Unit. I now work as an ICU nurse in a LTAC hospital here in Los Angeles. I will soon start my UoP MSN program on the 18th and I really appreciate all your input about the school and the courses. I guess I still have a long way to go but I'm sure 18 months would just fly by . I know it will entail a lot of hard work and discipline but I will definitely try and do my best. I will be frequenting this thread to hear more about UoP and your experience. Kudos!Last edit by ICU_JOSIE on Jan 18, '12
- 1Jan 18, '12 by ICU_JOSIEQuote from nursingisokWhen I applied at UCLA, I think it was the MSN program that gave me the leverage and also knowing that I'm a member of the Honor Society of NursingI'm thinking about the MSN program at UofP. Is there anyone in houston that graduated from their masters of nursing program who found it difficult to be hired?
- 1Jun 5, '12 by kathy48Hi just finishing this up my MSN Ed.was a very enlightening and rigorous program with positive feedback from community organizations for the school is highly accredited and major health care players reimburse with tuition credit. Where are you now? Would love to hear from you.
- 0Jul 31, '12 by susannycQuote from joyncaringjoyncaringSusannyc, How is UoP's MSN/Informatics going so far?
I am considering a couple of universities for an MSN in Nursing Informatics, and would like to know about experiences.
I'm 2/3 of the way through the program at this point, hoping to finish about a year from now. The program isn't bad, but the group projects are, in my opinion, overly time consuming and unnecessary. There are 2-3 group projects per class, and it just wears me out!