Is there any Kaplan san diego lvn-rn students here, opinions on the program ??Register Today!
- by Elleveein Apr 27, '10Im considering the Kaplan program, can anyone give me info ?? Prereqs ? length ? cost ?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=476065©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,807 Views
- Dec 3, '11 by LVN/RNBridgeHi There,
I am in the same boat as you, looking at the step up program at Kaplan. Here is what I do know.
1. Reg price for the ASN is 57K, with an LVN the cost is 45K if you do not have any classes to transfer in with.
2. ASN program is 24 months, step up is 20 months ( I'm not sure why it only gives LVN's 4 months off the course, but I believe the class load may be less than the ASN students) plus this includes your A and P 1-2 and Micro.
3. You must score a min. of a 24 on the Wonderlic SLE and there is also a KTP (Kaplan Test Prep) that you must pass. The min scores are 61% in the math section and 64% in the English comp/Reading section.
4. The next term starts in January with a deadline of December 10th, to have everything in and finished, if not, May 16th is the next term.
I hope this helps, it is all the information that I have at this time. Best of luck to you
- Mar 28, '12 by simo77Do they have this program in Orange County, CA?
I can't find anything
- Jun 28, '12 by LVN/RNBridgeGosh, I apologize for the late response.
Try calling Kaplan College, or go to kaplancollege.com. I am not sure if there is a Kaplan in OC.
- Oct 25, '12 by kymb0thi! new here at all nurses.com. was wondering if someone here could tell me a sample schedule of classes for the lvn step up program. planning on keeping at least 24 hrs of work but wouldn't want it to mess with the school schedule. any info from someone in a current or previous program? help pls thanks.
- Oct 25, '12 by LVN/RNBridgeHi kymb0t!I'm not yet in the program, but I think I can help a little bit.As far as the days/hours. This depends on any transfer courses that you may have. Example--if you already have all Gen Eds, A and P 1 and 2 with labs and micro with lab...your first semester will be role transitions and achedemic strategies? (not positive of the exact name) but these two courses are held on Fridays. Not sure, but pretty sure we are there a good chunk of the morning and into the early afternoon. Beyond term 1, I really don't know the exact schedule and again depends on what you have that might transfer in :-)I know the application process takes a little bit of time and has lately been crazy with applicants.Have you been to the info session? Best of luck to you on your journey!Sent from my iPhone, please excuse any typos