Seattle Pacific University Interview for admission
- 0Feb 11 by Seattletown1Hello everyone! I applied to SPU nursing program for Fall '14. I have been asked to come in for an interview on the 22nd with a few other applicants. Have any past SPU students gone through this process? What kind of questions do they ask? Suggestions on preparation? Also, we are going to be asked to write from a short prompt that is given to us. Any information on past ones? Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone else who is interviewing!
- 5,865 Visits
- 0Feb 12 by cw.seaHello,
I applied SPU's nursing program for Fall 2014 as well and I believe this is their first time doing the interview (there's a writing section ???). I remember checking last year's application and they did not require an interview, so I think this whole interview thing is new to everybody.
Also I was told that SPU will email/mail you a letter sometime this or last week stating whether you are considered or not considered for the interview, is this correct? When did you receive yours? Because I have not received anything and I tried calling them and it seems like there's been a few technical issues with my application...hopefully everything will work out well.
Good luck with the interview, hope to see you there!
- 0Feb 14 by mcewen.trioI called and spoke to someone in the nursing department and it was explained to me that this is the first year they are doing interviews. Also, the writing prompt is a short, 5 minute writing prompt. They will give us a question and we will have 5 minutes to write. It is timed.
Best of luck! I'm so thankful for the opportunity to interview!
- 0Feb 14 by cw.seaHey hopefuldream you should try calling the SPU school of health sciences because I just received an invitation to the interview today. There were a few technical difficulties that occurred when the nursing faculty reviewed my application which delayed their response. But yes, the staff and faculty have been extremely kind and helpful, good luck I hope you hear back soon!!
mcewen.trio, thank you so much for providing details of the interview and the writing prompt. At least now we know a little more on what to expect for the writing prompt. Do you think it's to measure our English proficiency or to know more about us as an applicant?
Again, thank you !!
- 0Feb 14 by hopefuldreamI'm happy for you guys and good luck on the interview. So does that mean all of you have been accepted to SPU and now just waiting on the school of nursing? I applied way back in December and I emailed admission office today to see the status of my application and I got an email back saying that everything is complete and just waiting for review and that I should hear back 1-3 months? (maybe it's for the school and not nursing school?) Hopefully I will get something in the mail next week....
- 0Feb 24 by hopefuldreamI felt the same way. The questions were more of like to see if you can smoothly answer them on the spot, it didn't really give me an opportunity to really talk about who I am. I was disappointed at myself, I wish I can do it over lol. My interview was at the very last. How about you? The nursing student I was talking to told me that there are about more than 100 candidates?? I think they have a r/s interview day too. Only 64 spots though I think I will not get in.... I was so nervous that I rambled on random stuff..I've been sad after the interview. We'll, I'm going to look at a brighter side, if I don't get into SPU then I'll just attend the nursing program at a local CC that I got accepted into. (Sorry if I misspelled-fat finger on the small iPad keyboard lol). Well, let's keep updated on how things go, about three more weeks and we'll know the answer.