Info on Kaplan's MSN programs?
- 0Sep 3, '12 by RNgrrl09Wondering if anyone has taken the FNP program or is currently enrolled. For those who have attended, did you have any problems getting a job? Most of the things I have heard about Kaplan have been for undergrad and wanted some info for the MSN programs.
- 1Sep 6, '12 by nursekaty29The system wouldn't let me private email you for some reason but I wanted to get back to you. The service that finds you preceptors was good. They gave me a lot of contacts and I used a couple of them throughout my last year in school. I just passed the NP test recently. Now looking for a job.
- 0Sep 6, '12 by RNgrrl09Nursekaty29.
Thanks for the reply. I did receive it. Congratulations on passing your exam and I wish you the best in finding a job. While looking for preceptor programs, I came across jobs @ minute clinic (CVS) and walgreen's. Don't know if this is what you want to do, but thought I would pass on the info. RNgrrl09
- 0Nov 14, '12 by frecklefacedawnI am feeling reassured now that I have seen your post. I have just applied to Kaplan FNP program after some serious frustration with applying to other FNP programs such as Georgetown, South, Maryville, etc. The competition for these programs is heinous and I have wasted so much money on just application fees and transcript fees. South even wanted me to have my preceptors (five total specialties) lined up as part of just the application process. Seriously stressful. I am so glad to hear you have had a positive experience with Kaplan and there was some assistance there with the preceptor portion of the program. I feel like a weight is lifted!! Thanks so much nursekaty29!! Best of luck to you on the job hunt! No offers from any of your preceptor's locations?!
- 0Nov 18, '12 by AradienQuote from frecklefacedawnI agree with you Frecklefacedawn. It was really the least stressful application I have ever done and I have sweated through a few.I have applied to Kaplan FNP program. It sounds very promising and was the LEAST STRESSFUL application I have put in so far to Grad schools for FNP. Georgetown and South are a nightmare! Have you picked a school yet?Last edit by Aradien on Nov 18, '12 : Reason: grammatical correction