Has anyone taken A&P 1 or 2 with the University of Phoenix online?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Has anyone taken A&P 1 or 2 with the University of Phoenix online? in Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... I am currently prego but trying to get my pre-reqs and this is one way to not interfere with my due...by Vanessa7227 Jun 8, '12I am currently prego but trying to get my pre-reqs and this is one way to not interfere with my due date. I'm due in the end of September so traditional fall classes will be a no go. I've already checked and they are accredited at the university I wish to transfer them to. Any feedback is appreciated. I would like to know how you rated the class and what your grade was.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=739692©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 5,082 Views
- Jun 8, '12 by sali22Call the school you want to transfer to and ask. That is the only way you will find out.
- Jun 8, '12 by CHESCCRPHow long are the courses going to take? I have taken Microbiology (and most of my other courses) online, and I took A&P in 5 week accelerated timeframes. I don't know how you are going to take your tests, but they are usually much more difficult than if you took the course in person. You will have to keep motivated, because even though the class does not require you to be physically in a certain location, it may still have many interim due dates and require online discussion/case studies/papers. I took Micro at Rio Salado College and A&P in person at Pima Community College (both in AZ). You might want to check it out, as it is a lot less expensive than U of Phx ($215/credit hour for out of state online students, $76/crhr if you're in an AZ county with a CC).
That said, good luck! I began my first bachelor's degree just before I was pregnant with my daughter, and by my third semester, I was typing papers as I was nursing her. For me, pregnancy and nursing made my brain "fuzzy," which was an added bit of joy, but even with that, I was able to complete my work.
- Jun 8, '12 by BrookelinIf you are in AZ I would recommend taking them through Rio Salado CC instead. Although I take the bulk of my classes at Glendale CC, I take my biology classes online with Rio because GCC doesn't offer them online and Rio has a huge selection of class start times and length of program (if you want tradition 16 weeks or even as fast as 4 weeks in some cases...although I would really not recommend A&P in that format). I take all of my classes online and, like you, I started out pregnant and have now since had her and am a SAHM dealing with three kids so traditional classes aren't an option. Rio Salado lets you enroll and register for classes online. You can order books to be shipped to your home. The only thing is that you will have to take midterms and finals at a testing center, but they have quite a few throughout the valley so that should be relatively convenient. Plus you will only be paying the $76/crhr instead of whatever ghastly price U of P is charging!
Hope that helps!
- Jun 8, '12 by RED1984I took both A&P I and II @ University of Phoenix Got A's in both as well. I also, was pregnant.... Both courses are taught and tested "open book" which I love. The labs are all online, virtual. The college that I got accepted to for the RN program also accepted the transfer credits... If you have any other questions, you can message me, or ask here...
- Jun 8, '12 by leenakOne thing you may need to think about is counting on fulfilling requirements for a single school. I'm guessing you are looking at a for-profit school so it may not be an issue. Many schools won't accept online courses and many won't accept from University of Phoenix. If you want to have more options, I'd try to see if there is any flexible schedule classes near you. At my local community college, they offer A&P lectures online but labs once/week in class.
I just personally like to have flexibility in which school I can go to because you never know.
- Jun 8, '12 by SummitRNI was impressed by Rio Salado's online healthcare ethics class.
- Jun 9, '12 by Vanessa7227Thanks for the encouragement from the other moms out there! It eases my mind alot! I've been wondering if I was crazy to get this wild hair to go back to school now. I live in TN and alot of the community colleges around here either don't offer what I need online or don't let you use federal loans....ugh! I am looking at eventually going to Union nursing school and I have been in close contact with them over what transfers and they are really helpful. I know they take U of P Anat and Phys, I've just never taken an online class before and was a little scared of online format. I think I can, I think I can....
- Jun 9, '12 by Vanessa7227Quote from RED1984Did you do the strictly online format or their "campus" version where you go to class once a week! Your reply is super encouraging. I seriously read it and took a deep breathI took both A&P I and II @ University of Phoenix Got A's in both as well. I also, was pregnant.... Both courses are taught and tested "open book" which I love. The labs are all online, virtual. The college that I got accepted to for the RN program also accepted the transfer credits... If you have any other questions, you can message me, or ask here...Last edit by Vanessa7227 on Jun 9, '12 : Reason: mis quoted
- Jun 9, '12 by RED1984Completely online. It was a walk in the park I did buy the hard copy of the textbook though, because I don't like online books lol. Amazon had it for a fraction of the campus bookstore price .....